BBB Accredited Business since 29/01/2010

Carimex Auto Sales Ltd

08/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

bought a used car was told it would be safteied and certified and i would have a warranty for 30 days.
I bought a vehicle from carimex autos on April, 24th, 2014. I was told when i purchased it that it would be saftied and certified. when i test drove it there was a squeel in the brakes that sounded like a bent rotor even the sales man i was talking too his name was ***, said that it would need new rotors or calipers and that they would be replaced when before i received the car. when i got it i noticed that none of the brakes were replaced or anything. It didnt make the squeel when going forward like it did before but it made a squeel in reverse. so thinking it was maybe the new brake pads or something working themselves in. so i waited two weeks to see if anything changed before i called the dealer. When i did they told me to bring it in and they would fix it. when i took it they looked at it, i took a service guy for a test drive and he thought that the noise was coming from my emergency brake being loose. which didnt make sense to me but since he was a mechanic i believed his judgment. when i recived the car back it still makes the noise. im almost certian its a bent rotor but they refuse to replace it. ive also had to replace my wiper blades because they didnt work and since ive noticed theres a crack in my windshield that should have never passed safety. i told the deal and all i was told was i bought a used car and now i have to pay them to replace my windshield. even tho all this is within my 30 day warranty or supposed to be included with my purchase.

i would like them to replace my breaks. reimburse me for the windshield. if not i would just like this experience to available to the public for others to be aware of.

Hi ***,

We have contacted the customer a few weeks ago and are waiting for him to come in so we can resolve these issues. His loan was paid out before he submitted the additional complaint.

Thanks,

***** ************
General Manager

they did not fix the break noise it is still there and the windsheild was not an issue at the time because i didnt not know of it until i had to replace my wiper blades. also something i should not have had to do. also the price he gave me to fix the windshield was not $100. i was told it would be about $200 also something which i should not have to pay. and the reason they did not hear back from me until i filed the complaint was because i was told by ***** that he had to talk to someone and he would call me back. i still to this day have not heard from ***** about this issue.

As we have previously stated, we are wanting to resolve these issues with ******. We would like him to bring in his car and to see what is causing his brake noise. We will figure something out for the windshield as well.

Regards,