If yes, click here to login.
BBB Accredited Business sinceAdditional Locations
Phone: (816) 753-0535 Fax: (816) 795-9058 View Additional Phone Numbers 3737 S Elizabeth St Ste 204, Independence, MO 64057 View Additional Web Addresses
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Apprisen, also known as Consumer Credit Counseling Service is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization debt management and counseling services.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Apprisen meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
BBB Complaint Information
Find aggregate BBB complaint information for Apprisen. BBB of Central Ohio has the full report as that BBB handles all complaints for Apprisen.
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Mike Kappas, CEO Ms. Iran Amani, Division Manager Mr. Brian Yoder, Compliance Manager
CREDIT & DEBT COUNSELING
Service AreaServices are available in person at the headquarters in Columbus, Ohio, and in approximately 21 local offices in 8 states - Ohio, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee and Washington. Services are also available through counseling over the telephone and via the internet nationwide.
Alternate Business NamesCCCS Consumer Credit Counseling Service of the Midwest, Inc.
CCCS does not charge a fee for the initial counseling session.
If a consumer chooses to sign up for the Debt Management Program (DMP), CCCS asks for an initial sign up contribution and a small monthly contribution to help defray the cost of the program.
The Debt Management Program services are also available if the consumer is unable or prefers not to contribute.
CCCS Provides financial education workshops and seminars to community groups and organizations on a variety of topics such as budgeting, using credit wisely, understanding credit reports and scores, ID theft, and correctly managing checking accounts.
CCCS is a HUD approved housing counseling agency and provides pre-purchase, delinquency and foreclosure prevention counseling.
Reverse Equity housing counseling is also available.
CCCS offers several other services and products to consumers and does charge for these services, including:
- Credit Report Review during which a certified counselor will help them understand what is in their credit report.
- Bankruptcy Counseling and education (Pre and Post) approved by EOUST (Executive Office of the U.S. Bankruptcy Trustees) as required by the new bankruptcy legislation.
- Contingency Planning for anyone contemplating bankruptcy to learn exactly what to expect.
- Financial Health Kit which is a software based budget kit.
- Identity Theft Session for clients who want to make sure no one has stolen their identity, and to learn what to do in case it has already happened.
The purposes of Consumer Credit Counseling Service are:
- To educate and counsel on budgeting and money management.
- To help persons with debt problems develop a plan for repayment within their means and with cooperation of their creditors.
- To help prevent money management problems by fostering education on the use of credit, on budgeting and money management.
Additional Tradenames, Addresses & Phone Numbers
The organization does business nationally as Apprisen, and in local communities the organization also continues to do business as Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS).