BBB Accredited Business since 03/10/2008

A1 Concrete Leveling

08/27/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

Complaint: I had my concrete leveled and it only lasted fifty five days. I would like half my money back.
I had my concrete leveled on 20 November 2012 and on 14 January, 2013, only 55 days later. I called and said it was not level and cracking. The person said Mr. ***** don't worry, because it is guaranteed. I paid $960 and it lasted a short time, the person doing the work. Commented that they were running short on material, so did I get enough injected. The concrete was poured seven years ago. No one ever contacted me, so finally on 28 May, 2013 I called. They said they eight week lead time, I guess they forgot about the phone call in January. The sidewalk is not level and they did level three big pieces of concrete. In front of garage and house. All the big pieces have broken in two, but as winter went on. They are all broken into three or more pieces.

I apologize for any miscommunications. I Stopped by the customers house on June 6th 2013 to have a look at the work that was done during November 2012. I left a message on the phone for the owner to call me back to inform him of what I saw and to discuss what he wanted done. I did not get a return call. Both the driveway and sidewalk looked pretty good to me which I why I wanted to talk to the owner about the job. I am happy to go back out and re-level what we worked on under warranty. All concrete slabs that we work on are subject to the forces of nature and only as stable as the ground underneath the slabs. It is not the fault of the process nor the workmanship of my company. Frost heave ,soil moisture content, and the natural shifting of soils plays a large part in concrete stability and lifespan. For these reasons we offer a 1 year warranty.

The original cost of the job was $730. I do not know where the other numbers of $960 and $860 are coming from. I did not do any work during January, so if the owner had someone else work on the driveway, the warranty is void as I cannot guarantee other companies work.

If the homeowner wishes to call me and set up a time for us to come and re-level the concrete, please do so. I look forward to a speedy reply and resolution. I will do my best to get you on the schedule as soon as possible.

Why is this complaint closed? I tried to call this guy three times and no answer. What is the outcome?

The customer and I finally connected on the telephone early in the week of the 5th of August. We went out to the customer's house on Friday the 9th of August to fix the area of concern. The lady of the house came out and greeted me and we discussed what could be done. I agreed to re-level the walkway. When we were done she indicated that it she very pleased and thanked us for the work. I presume that this matter is resolved. I apologize for the delay in getting this done. We are scheduling new work at 11 weeks out.

Concrete Contractors, Mud Jacking Contractors