Selina's Bridal Boutique LLC

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

10/20/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased wedding gown. Store is "closed" have not received gown or been able to reach owner or any staff due to disconnection of phones.
Paid for dress. Business is closed. Have not received dress.

N\a

09/24/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The owner of the business never had a guaranteed date my dress would be in. Was said I was getting my money back and never did.
I went to Selinas Bridal in January 18, 2015 and had a great experience and decided to order my dress. The total cost including my wedding dress, belt and veil was $1357.00. I put two hundred dollars down on the dress and was going to make payments. I was told once I had half the amount I owed she would order my dress. On February 7, 2015 I called and made a $100 payment over the phone. I then went to the store on March 21,2015 to show my soon to be Mother in-law my dress and I was told by Selina she had sold that dress to a bride. I was unable to try on the dress so I wanted to make a payment that would get me to the halfway point. She then couldn't find my receipt and was asking me to remember when I was in the first time. Once she finally found my receipt she had not documented my payment made over the phone so she guessed and took off an extra $150. That day I made a $200 payment that I thought would get me to half so she would order my dress but she had already ordered it. She then said the dress would be in around July 11th and to allow two weeks before or after for the dress to arrive. After this trip I became very worried and decided I was no longer going to make payments and when my dress arrived I was going to pay it off so I would be able to have it. I called her the end of June and was told she needed to check with the company because she was expecting a shipment that weekend and wasn't sure if my dress would be on it but she would get back to me. I never heard back from her on that so I went to her store the next weekend and she told me my dress was coming with another brides and would be in around July 26th. Her reason for not calling me back was her son has been in the hospital and she has been away from the store. So I gave her the benefit of the doubt and waited. The week after she told me my dress would be in I called the store to get no answer. For the next three to four days I called her store twice a day and left a message and never got a call back. At that moment I decided I was done doing business with her and was going to get the $600 back I had already given her. I went to her store on August 15, 2015 to find a note on the door stating alterations in the back please call...and a phone number was left. My mother called the number and they said they would be down. Her alterations person opened the door and when we asked for my money back, to talk to Selina and where my dress was she couldn't help us. She was no help at all and she told us to come back tomorrow and Selina would be there. We went back that Sunday and when we walked in Selina was there and offered to show me when my dress would be in but said she would refund my money. She used an ipad and found the three of my payments I made and printed me receipts saying she refunded them we both signed a paper stating " $600 refund to card ending in 0182". She told me it could take 72 hours for the return to process. To this day I still have not received my refund and after further looking at the receipts she gave me they are not refund receipts they are just receipts from that day. I have not been able to get an answer from her store to ask her for my money back and now I am unable to leave a voicemail due to the fact her box is full. I live about 45 minutes away so it isn't very easy for me to just drive there.

I am simply wanting the $600 I had put down for the dress back. After dealing with her and the terrible customer service she doesn't deserve my business.

09/11/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased bridesmaid dresses that I have not received or seen proof of order. Have now lost all contact with store while looking for answers!
I took my bridesmaids into the store in February where we were so kindly welcomed and fell in love with dresses! The dresses we fell in love with were Val stefani style

I took my bridesmaids in the store in February where we were so kindly welcomed and fell in love with dresses! The dresses were Val stefani style VS9257, 1 mango tango, 3 melon in color. We were told that after the dresses were half way paid off they would be ordered. The dresses were $220, the last dessert was halfway paid off in March, in which selinas said she would order them the following Monday as we went in on the weekend. We were told then that it would take 15 weeks to get the dresses. I requested color swatches for the dresses twice in the beginning and was told they got lost both times. After waiting a few months with no word on the dresses we began calling, leaving many voice mails, and even stopping into the store to find out where the dresses were and when we would receive them. After only getting through with someone on the phone maybe 2 times and getting no answers we decided to stop in the store. The first time we went in the store the only person there was the seamstress that told us that there should be a large delivery coming the following week and maybe our or was in there. We then called many times the next week to figure out if our dresses came in with no answer or calls back. We then went back into the store where the door was locked with a sign on the door reading "in alterations, call (number)" we did call and were let in the door by the same seamstress that still had no answers. I have not been able to contact the owner ****** Or man for months now. I still have never seen an order slip for the dresses and when I emailed the design company they said they no longer do business with selinas bridal boutique and haven't for awhile. At this point I will be going in to get my money back!

10/26/2015Problems with Product / Service