This Business is not BBB accredited
Phone: (972) 379-9156 2425 West Loop South, Suite 200, Houston, TX 77027 View Additional Email Addresses ! There is an alert on Millennium Law Center, P.C. !
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company is a full service law firm.
On this business's accreditation in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to its failure to adhere to the BBB requirement that Accredited Businesses meet and abide by the following standards:
- 1D. Be free of an unsatisfactory rating and maintain at least a B rating at the accrediting BBB and the BBB where it is headquartered, if different.
- 2F. Avoid misleading customers by creating the false impression of sponsorship, endorsement, popularity, trustworthiness, product quality or business size through the misuse of logos, trustmarks, pictures, testimonials, or other means.
- 4B. Clearly disclose to customers:
- direct and effective means to contact the business
- terms of any written contract
- any guarantees or warranties accompanying a product
- any restrictions or limitations imposed (e.g. limited supply, maximum number available per customer)
- the business' return/refund policy
- any recurring commitment into which the customer may be entering, including information on how future billing will occur
- total cost of the transaction, including tax, shipping and handling, and other related charges
- 5A. Fulfill contracts signed and agreements reached.
- 6A. Promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB by:
- Resolving the complaint directly with the complainant and notifying BBB, or
- Providing BBB with a response that BBB determines:
- is professional,
- addresses all of the issues raised by the complainant,
- includes appropriate evidence and documents supporting the business' position, and
- explains why any relief sought by the complainant cannot or should not be granted.
- 6D. Cooperate with BBB in efforts to eliminate the underlying cause of patterns of customer complaints that are identified by BBB.
- 8A. Avoid involvement, by the business or its principals, in activities that reflect unfavorably on, or otherwise adversely affect the public image of BBB or its accredited businesses.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of No Rating. The reason is as follows:
- This business has no rating because it is out of business.
The BBB of Houston & South Texas had 58 Unanswered complaints related to home mortgage modification services offered by
Millennium Law Center, P.C. Several complaints recently received by the BBB allege that calls and emails to the company are not being returned. Complaints state the firm's phone number is no longer in service and that the company contact form on the firm's website will not accept consumer requests for contact. The company is believed to be out of business.
Please note, in most cases, the Federal Trade Commission's Mortgage Assistance Relief Services Rule, bans mortgage foreclosure rescue and loan modification services from collecting fees until homeowners have a written offer from their lender or servicer that they deem acceptable. At the time of Accreditation , the company failed to disclose to the BBB that it offered such services. The BBB strongly advises consumers against paying any type of upfront fee to companies which offer home mortgage modification and relief services.
According to information in BBB files, this company is no longer in business. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice.
The following describes a government action that has been resolved by either a settlement or a decision by a court or administrative agency. If the matter is being appealed, it will be noted below. On October 30, 2012 the Georgia Department of Finance and Banking issued a Cease and Desist Order to SC Law Group. According to the Order, the business was engaging in residential mortgage brokering and/or origination activities without the appropriate licensing. The business was ordered to cease in engaging in unlicensed business activity.
On June 28, 2013 and July 1, 2013 Millennium Law Center and SC Law Group were closed by a court appointed receiver in relation to a Temporary Restraining Order issued in a lawsuit filed by the Federal Trade Commission against A to Z Marketing, Backend, Inc and related entities. Separate BBB Business Reviews on these entities may be available.
SC Law Group and Millenium Law Center are not named in the suit. However, the court appointed receiver identified them as related entities. Information as to how the receivership may affect consumers of the business can be located online athttp://www.smartfundingreceiver.com/ According to that website, these businesses cannot assist you further in your loan modification efforts. You should contact your lender directly, contact a government-sponsored loan modification provider such as www.hopeloanportal.org , or contact a competent attorney with expertise in mortgage relief. If you have specific questions, please send them to email@example.com.
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||52|
|Total Closed Complaints||58|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Andrew Taleghany, Owner Mr. Shayan A Darvish, Managing Member
FORECLOSURE RESCUE ATTORNEYS