If yes, click here to login.
BBB Accredited Business sinceAdditional Locations
1 of 1 images | See All Images >>
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company offers Steel Reinforced Pilings, Drilled Bell Piers, Lifetime Transferable Warranty, House Leveling . . .
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Dura Pier Foundation Repair meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Dura Pier Foundation Repair include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
- Response to 2 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||2|
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Carter Davis, President
Related BusinessesDura Pier Foundation Repair Vulcan Foundation Repair Redemption Roofing & General Contracting
FOUNDATION CONTRACTORS FOUNDATION REPAIR & HOUSE LEVELING
Products & Services
Dura Pier Foundation Repair sells the following brand(s): Bell Bottom Piers, Dura Lock Pilings, Dura Lock Pressed Pilings, French Drains, Moisture Maintenance Systems, Root Barriers
Dura Pier Foundation Repair offers the following product(s): Bell Bottom Piers, Dura Lock Pressed Pilings, Encapsulation Plus
Hours of Operation
|M||:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|T||:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|W||:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Th||:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|F||:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Method(s) of PaymentCash, Check, Major Credit Cards
Refund and Exchange PolicyDeposits returned in full if requested before permit is purchased. If after, then balance is returned with copy of permit and receipt of purchase cost.
Alternate Business NamesDura Pier - TX, Inc.
Products & Services
Hydraulically driven pilings, bell bottom piers, root barrings, French Drains, epoxy coatings.
Industry TipsFoundation Repair - How to Select a Company
Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Summary
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known government actions that are relevant to the business's marketplace dealings with the public.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (800) 856-3872(Phone)
- (281) 995-8895(Phone)
Additional Email Addresses
- - Customer Service
- - Communication/Mass Email
- - eQuote
- - Technical Support
- - Sales
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: We hired DuraPier around January/February 2013 for repair of our foundation. This included working to fix any plumbing cracks resulting from the Company shifting/leveling our house foundation. During the foundation leveling process, a plumbing crack beneath the foundation occurred, and with much hesitancy/ reluctance, they came to repair it, this being with incurred extra cost on my end. Unfortunately, later in the year, we discovered that it had not been repaired, as the ground outside our bathroom, where the pipe was cracked, continued to be soaked in water, which originated from the cracked plumbing pipe. This was during the period of March 2013, and still occurs today. After very many phone calls in attempt to get dura pier to come out and repair the pipe, they sent a worker, who in turned argued with my spouse about the leak, as opposed to just diagnosing and repairing it. This happened around the October, November 2013. We complained to Dura pier, directly to its owner, but till now have not received any response or commitment to repair the issue they caused.To date, I have soaked ground around where the plumbing pipe is cracked, and no commitment from Dura pier to fix it. They have ignored the issue and us as a customer, this after they were paid to do the job right.
Desired Settlement: 1. We want the cracked plumbing repaired, as they caused this, and they promised to repair it ASAP.2. Given the loss of credibility of contractor, because in the way they did not address the issue, we expect them to reiterate the warranties provided to us as part of service.In the end, when one pays about ten thousand dollars to get the work done, I expect it done right, done in full, and without issue or attitude from the workforce. The service and outcome I received was unacceptable.
Business Response: Dear BBB Response Team, and Mr. and Mrs. *******
I am surprised to get a complaint from this customer. They know that we did not cause a leak, but that it was a pre-existing problem before we even got there.
When we first got to the foundation repair job, Mrs. ****** told us that she had a leak in her sewer system. This statement was made before we ever put the first shovel into the ground. We immediately performed a hydro-static sewer test, and confirmed that there was indeed a pre-existing sewer leak. After completing the foundation repair, we performed a second hydro-static test, and confirmed that the leak had not gotten any worse. We presented the ******'s with a sewer repair bid to repair the leak, and to install additional hangers under adjacent plumbing connections. The ******'s hired a separate plumber to give a second opinion. He recommended only doing a partial repair. Dura Pier agreed to perform the partial repair, but with reservations, and the warning that other, non-repaired areas, could begin to leak. The Adorn's chose to only accept the proposal for the partial repair, and Dura Pier completed that work. There are no leaks in the repaired system, as we performed another hydro-static test in November of 2013.
The ******'s made several false statements in their complaint, statements that they know are false.
1) That "they originally contracted with us to repair both the foundation and sewer at the same time." The original foundation contract was dated and executed by the ******'s on January **, 2013, and contains no language whatsoever to repair the sewer. The contract merely contains the provision to hydro-statically test the sewer system. The foundation work was done in February 2013.
The first sewer repair bid was given on February **, 2013, about the same day we did the foundation repair. The final sewer repair bid was given and accepted on March *** 2013, almost a month later. The reason for the delay was the ******'s getting their second opinion.
2) That "the sewer leak was caused by lifting and leveling" is totally false. It was a pre-existing problem, and they know that, as Mrs. ****** informed us of that fact immediately upon our arrival. Even if it were true, #4 of our contract specifically omits any liability for such issues, and I quote, "Contractor will repair any damage to water and sewage lines caused by driving of piles or drilling of piers. Pre-existing plumbing problems, deteriorated pipes, and broken plumbing caused by lifting and leveling will not be repaired."
We presented the ******'s with the first sewer repair proposal before we even lifted the home. Naturally, they would incur additional costs with every new service contract they execute.
3) That we "only came to repair their sewer line with much hesitancy and reluctance." We had to wait for them to sign the contract, and they wouldn't do that until after they'd received a second opinion. That time delay was their fault, not ours. Once they signed the sewer repair contract, we prioritized their job, and performed the sewer repair within about a week.
4) That they discovered, almost 8 months later, that "we had not repaired the sewer pipe." If we had not repaired it, it wouldn't have taken 6 months to show up. In any case, we returned and performed another hydro-static test in November 2013, and the test confirmed that there are no under-slab sewer leaks. Our repairs are perfectly intact. The new area where water is showing up is no where near where we worked, but is 5 - 6 feet away out in the yard. The statement that the new leak is a part of the original leak is impossible, as we never worked in that area in the first place. Without any testing on their part, it is mere supposition that the pipe we repaired is now cracked. We know that it is not, and can prove it.
5) That "they began calling about the new leak immediately, in March 2013." I have an email from Mrs. ****** dated November *, 2013, in which she states that her first call related to this matter was in September 2013. We were changing phone providers that month, from Cbeyond to AT&T, and I apologize if it took a couple of calls to finally get through. The ******'s have my cell phone number, but chose not to call me personally to discuss during any of these days or months. Finally, I did speak with them at the end of September, and the office put them on the schedule for a warranty inspection right away. September and October are our busiest months, and our wait times can be long to get appointments.
In her email, Mrs. ****** states that "the lawn was dry for several months after the repair."
6) That "my employee argued with the customer, instead of just diagnosing it and repairing it." My employee did in fact perform a hydro-static test, and did diagnose the problem as unrelated to the previous sewer repair that we had performed. He showed the ******'s that the leak is about 5 - 6 feet out away from where we worked, and that it could not be related. Disagreeing with a customer's untested diagnosis, based upon our own solid evidence, is not arguing. Furthermore, not agreeing to return and repair unrelated areas for free is not arguing.
Dura Pier stands firmly behind the warranty on the repairs that were made. However, new problems in unrelated areas, are not covered by any warranty. We cannot be expected to repair new, unrelated damages, that occur anywhere under or around their home, for some arbitrary future time frame.
The ******'s stated in their Desired Settlement statement, that Dura Pier return and repair damage to the same sewer line we repaired the last time. If that were the case we would gladly do that right away, and at no additional cost. However, recent testing reveals that the original repair is not currently leaking, but that there is a new problem, probably in a plumbing supply line somewhere out in the yard, and that it is in a different area from where we originally worked.
Dura Pier does not want to perform any addition repairs or new work of any kind for the ******'s, but will continue to honor any and all warranties they currently have on existing repairs. If the ******'s hire a different licensed plumber, we would be happy to review his pictures and assessment, and consider his written opinion. If our previous repair has failed, we will discuss monetary compensation. If it is a new, unrelated problem, then we will not.
Please remove their complaint against Dura Pier as unfounded, based upon solid evidence that the pipe we previously repaired is still holding, and that we have no obligation to repair anything else, under the terms of our warranties and executed contracts.
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: We are having issues with our warranty. We have been promised the following dates (10/*,10/**,12/*,1/*) that someone would come out to take care of the issues. We are still waiting. When we would call to see where or what happen, either you got an answering machine or the person that handle the warranty was not in the office and the person that did answer the phone didn't have access to those books (you had to speak to warranty person). We would appreciate this company standing behind their warranty instead of excuses and fix our foundation.
Desired Settlement: We want the company to honor the lifetime warranty.
Business Response: We have spoken to this customer, and the warranty work has been scheduled. I apologize that the customer had this experience. It is no excuse, but the secretary they spoke with was fired on January *, for many problems not just this one. Not only did I miss important calls, I lost jobs because of this bad employee. It was just bad luck that every time the customer called, they spoke to this secretary. The senior secretary would have handled it right away, and has done so. I wish the customer had called my cell, which they have, texted me, or emailed me about the problems, before filing a complaint. Thankfully, now that it's resolved, they will redact this complaint. Sincerely, ****** *****
[A default letter is provided here which indicates your acceptance of the business's response. If you wish, you may update it before sending it.]
Better Business Bureau:
I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ******** and find that this resolution to be unsatisfactory to me.
They did arrive within the appointment time arranged. The inspector that came out did look at the issues we have been concerned about, but, now says we need more piers in order to fix the problem.
The supervisor said he will have to draw it up and let us know how many more piers and what the cost will be.
Customer Reviews Summary