Financial Readiness = Mission Readiness
Since 2004, BBB Military Line has provided free resources to our military communities in the areas of financial literacy and consumer protection through the efforts of BBBs across the U.S.
The five main components of the program are:
- Education - Many Local BBBs on and around military installations teach financial readiness classes to service members.
- Outreach - We attend and support community fairs, conferences and other events, speaking with service members and distributing information.
- Information - Our Military and Veterans Initiative provides a one stop shop for articles, links and consumer alerts for each branch of service. Check out our Military and Veterans Initiative for free consumer guides written just for military members and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Data Collection - We analyze BBB data to help identify the threats and needs of our military community in the marketplace.
- Complaint and Dispute Resolution - Filing a complaint with BBB helps military consumers resolve disputes and alert us to issues affecting the military community at large.