What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer
experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB.
These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses
that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers
so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality
of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business
will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second
request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive
it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within
30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict
BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal
review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers
to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove
misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known government actions that are relevant to the business's marketplace dealings with the public.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best
judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed
as to accuracy.
BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business
Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses
which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses
located in Hawaii.
Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. This comparison does not account for the
length of time the businesses have been operational. There is no known industry
standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business
and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received
by the BBB.
# of businesses with NO complaints in the past 36 months
The Wyland Waikiki is in this range.
# of businesses with 1-4 complaints in the past 36 months
# of businesses with 5-25 complaints in the past 36 months
# of businesses with 26-99 complaints in the past 36 months
# of businesses with 100 or more complaints in the past 36 months
Total # of same relative size businesses in the BBB database in this type of business