BBB Accredited Business since 05/01/2007

Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Company, Inc.

12/24/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

the shoes I bought the soles are broken on both boots and the product is not even a year old.
Last x-mas I purchased a pair of SR Max Hiking boots. In less than a year the sole on both boots are broken in half. When I contacted the company I was told that thier warrenty was only six months. I am very surpize that the boots wore out so quickly because I do not wear the boots very often, it seems like poor workmanship to me.

If the company had offered me a discount on another pair of boots I would have been happy, but I was basically told that the warrenty was expired after six months and too bad. The way the soles are broken in half in both boots is very distrubing to me, no way should the soles look this bad in less than a year. Now I would like a replacement pair. I have sent the company pictures of the boots and I would be happy to send to BBB.

We contacted customer and offered a pair of shoes at 50% off even though this order was well outside of our regular warranty period. The shoes were nearly a year old but did not show much wear so the decision was made to extend the warranty for the customer.

Shoe Retailers, Safety Equipment and Clothing Suppliers