BBB Accredited Business since 10/01/1981

Sheraton Greensboro Hotel

08/14/2012Problems with Product / Service
04/22/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We reserved 8 rooms and were suppose to check in 3pm and we didn't check in until 5:30pm.
We had an awful experience. We reserved 8 rooms and were suppose to check in at 3pm. We arrived after 12:30pm and was told again 3pm. Then at 3pm another hour. Finally at 5pm and my students hanging out in the lobby after a 6 hr ride, I asked again at 5:25pm I asked on more time. Was told again not ready. I then asked for the district manager and was given a card. Called the number and ironically I was routed back to a manager in the hotel by ******. I asked ****** can the students be compensated and was told it wasn't possible. Once I spoke to the manager we were able to get our keys immediately. That upset me the most. We raise money to cover the cost of the rooms and get treated so unprofessionally.

Compensated for the problems. The students raised the money or parents paid the entire expense for this trip and were treated unfairly.

I spoke with Ms. ****** on Wednesday 4/17/13 at 5pm. She had not received access to all 8 rooms, only 3. I immediately put her in contact with our rooms division director who got her in to all 8 rooms. We had a large convention that checked out on Ms. ******'s arrival day and housekeeping were cleaning rooms as fast as they could. All rooms where checked in to shortly after 5pm allowing the students plenty of time to get ready for the 8pm general session.

We were not given all of our rooms until 5:34pm. I was asked did I pay for all the rooms and was told that I already had my room. My response was yes all rooms were paid for in advance and I could not leave the remaining 12 students in the lobby unattended until all students were in their rooms.

Hotels