In San Francisco Bay Area and Northern Coastal California

Capcom U.S.A. Inc.

91 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

05/29/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

Complaint: Bought Item, came in broken, no contact with company after many attempts. Just want what I paid for.
I bought the Street Fighter 50 Year Aniiversary Collectors set on March 7th 2014. I eagerly opened it that day to admire all the goodies I paid for. As soon as I opened up the chest, I noticed that the Certificate of Authenticity was bent. It wouldn\'t sit inside the corner frames properly. I was willing to look past it, but then I took the Ryu statue out of the plastic wrapping, installed the batteries that came with the purchase, and it didn\'t light up. dismayed, I tried using brand new batteries I had laying around. It didn\'t work. I looked online at the light up statue, it looks great and mine doesn\'t light up at all.

So I emailed the companies support line once, passionately pleading my case "I just want a replacement" was said, along with praise for a company that I grew up with, and has always been met with unmatched quality. It went unanswered. So I tried again, and then again, and then again. Now almost a month has gone by and still no a word from any representative. I feel betrayed by a company that meant so much to me growing up.

All I want is a replacement of the product. Maybe even something special as a "I\'m sorry and thank you for being an awesome customer" but it isn\'t necessary.

Hi ********

I am pleased to inform you we satisfactorily resolved this customer complaint. Would you please let me know the process of officially closing this case with the note that we successfully resolved it?

Thank you. ****

**** *********
Vice President & General Counsel

09/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies

Complaint: I purchased a statue that came damaged and all i want is a replacement.
I've been leaving voicemails for months and haven't gotten a call back, and i've been emailing back and forth with their customer service people for the same length of time. Each time i get a response it's from a different customer service rep and they ask for the same information over and over and over again. I've provided images and a description of the damage 5 times now and i still can't get a response.

I've asked for a manager three times and so far the only response i get is them asking for images and a description of the damage again. I'm not even sure they're real people answering the email, it might just be auto responders considering how far i've gotten with them.

we finally worked it out and i'd like to close my case

11/12/2012Advertising / Sales Issues
05/16/2012Problems with Product / Service
01/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies

Complaint: Company will not return product.
Ordered product online. Due to website error order was put through with a quantity of 2. Immediately cancelled order and submitted new one for quantity of 1. Both orders shipped to us. Company refuses to refund order of 2 that we requested to be cancelled. We now have 3 of the same product, but only need one.

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

10/28/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received

Complaint: Received a damaged collectible from them and contacted them for a replacement. Called and emailed many times. Still no resolution or valid response.
I ordered a collectible statue from them that arrived damaged, so I called and left a message, just like their webpage asks. 2 weeks went by and I heard nothing. Called again and left another message. Still nothing. Called multiple other times at all different hours of the day and nothing. The phone rings twice and immediately goes to a voicemail. I finally located an email address and contacted them that way. Received a response that aplogized and asked me to send a picture of the damage. I complied and included a pic and all of the info. Over a week goes by and nothing, so I email them again. At this point a full month has passed while I've been trying to get this resolved. They then respond to that email with this: "Dear ***** *****, Thank you for contacting the Capcom Online Store. We truly apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you. For information on registering your product, our warranty service, to download drivers and sofware or to view our general knowledgebase, please visit our Support Department." In other words, they completely ignored the reason for contacting them and gave me a canned, generic response! The phone number they then list is the same one that nobody ever answers. Still, I tried and left another message. I also responded to that email, asking how this addressed the problem or assisted me at all. They responded with another apology and asked me to send in a description of the damage and pictures again! Once more, I complied with the request and sent them everything they asked for. That was on 8/22/13, and I haven't heard anything since. I've tried calling some more, left more voicemails... nothing. I've been trying to deal with this company for over 2 months. I've done everything they have asked (multiple times), and they have been either non-responsive or completely unhelpful. I'm at a loss and I don't know what else to do. I've never had such terrible customer service. Please help me.

Video Games - Wholesale & Manufacturers, Internet Gaming