BBB Accredited Business since 08/16/2010

RoadsideAmerica.com

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Failure to cancel a reservation
Bestwestern at *************** failed to cancel a reservation due to a death in the family as it was 10 minutes to late to cancel according to the manager

a one night stay of 106.00

This complaint should be redirected at the hotel. While we do offer hotel reservation services on our website, we do not have a reservation under his name or email address. The content of his complaint appears to be directed solely at the hotel.

Please remove this complaint from our account and apply it to the Best Western in ************* ***

This was the decision of Best Western Motel as it was about ten minutes late, but I wwill never reserve at a Best Western again, and even go out of my way from them being the nearest. If my 106.00 is so important to them not to cancel due to a death, so be it. I have received the short end of the stick before. Thanks.*** *******

02/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Confirmed 2 night stay at the ******** *** for two nights for $109 night for two nights made through Roadside America web site in Jan 2013.
In Jan 2013 I made a reservation for *********** *** in ******** ** for a required 2 night stay thru the RoadsideAmerica.com web site. In Aug. I received a call from the hotel saying they could not honor this even though I had a confirmation . I called Roadside America and went round and round and finally was told that it was going to be $249 a night for a 3-night minimum. They were working with a ****** who evidently owns the website. I was told that once I returned from ********** I was to sent the bills to them with the case # that I had been assigned and I would be reimbursed the difference ($608.35) once they saw I had actually gone. I sent all this upon my arrival back in ******** and now I am getting the same pass the buck response and no reimbursement as promised!

I want the refund I was told I would receive, and the difference is $608.35 from what I booked and the price they charged.

I have reviewed this reservation and have confirmed that the refund has been issued by ******* You should have received it by now.

I did want to clarify just a few points. RoadsideAmerica.com is not owned by Synxis. They are simply a supplier who helps hotels get their rates listed online where companies like ours can book them. The mistake was made between the hotel and ******* It appears that although the situation was very unusual, it did end up working out exactly as they said it would. They indicated to us that the payment was sent on 1/29/2014 in the amount of $608.35. Please let us know if you do not receive this from them.

I have never actually come across a situation like this one and I certainly apologize that it happened at all. Unfortunately, we are at the mercies of the hotels entering their information correctly. We have been at this for several years and this is the first situation that we have come across like this. I do hope you feel that we did everything we could to facilitate things between you and the companies at fault. Our agents did contact them multiple times on your behalf and did everything in their power to make sure both parties honored their obligations.

06/13/2012Billing / Collection Issues