BBB Accredited Business since 03/17/2009

Colorfull Painting & Decorating

11/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Colorfull Painting painted my house in July 2014. Some small areas of concern needed to be address. They have not responded to any communication.
In July of 2014 they painted my house in *** ****** I explained that we were putting our house on the market. ***** showed me areas of trim that needed to be scraped or replaced. He assured me that certain work was necessary and he would make sure that at least this portion would pass inspection.

We had our house inspected and a few small trim areas came up as needing work. Some were just trim or sand and paint. I have called the office. No return calls. I have emailed the office. No contact. I have texted and left voice mails on ******** personal mobile number with no response. One time I called and ***** anwered. I requested he stop by and talk to my realtor or my husband and lets finish this up. he did not show up. I have sent more texts letting him know we still need to see or speak to him and that I need to respond to my buyers. Today I had to offer my buyers a credit. Of that amount $635 could have been avoided if ***** had completed the work he promised.

$600

I did spoke to ******* & also her email was replied.As I told her I am not a termite inspector I am a painting contractor.If you look at my contract it says 4 pieces of rotton wood to be replaced.There were only 4 pieces of rotton wood that was visible and they were replaced.I didn't even charge her for replacing the 4 pieces of wood or painting near the fire place inside the house.If a termite inspector found somethings then she has to pay to get it fixed she can't get everything free.Like I told her if there is something wrong with my painting job I will be happy to come and correct .My company is not responsible to clear her termite report or reimburse her $635.She also needs to clear what ever negative reviews that she is leaving on the social media.

10/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The manager, *****, agreed to make specific repairs with this job and after approx 5 months has yet to do so, after multiple promises to do so.
We engaged Colorfull Painting to paint the exterior of our home back in March of 2013. The manager, *****, no last name, agreed to redo a poorly done stucco patch, by another company, and remake an exterior shelf in our back yard and paint it along with the rest of the job. He "forgot" to do the stucco repair and used very green wood for the new shelf. The wood caused the paint to bubble. He agreed to make the corrections and waited several weeks to let the wood age some more. When he was painting our neighbor's house, he was supposed to do the stucco repair/repaint, and 'forgot" again. He did repaint the shelf, but only over the initial paint job, and it too, bubbled! His "secretary", whom I believe is his wife, has handled most of the communications and has arranged for him to return and finalize the job (including making an entirely new shelf of more aged wood) on numerous occasions, but ***** has failed to show every time. Return phone calls are promised but never received, no-shows are met with excuses of trucks breaking down, broken bones, etc, etc., but calls never made to inform us at the time! Now, after 5 months of giving this person multiple chances to fulfill his end of the agreement, we've regrettably come to the conclusion that he has no intention to do so, and has deliberately misled us, only to string us along in the hopes we'll finally give up! Though the agreement was verbal, we never thought, at the time, that he would not honor it, nor have we ever been told by either his "secretary" nor himself, that he would not honor it. Nor, has he ever denied making the promise! We have given him 5 months and at least that many times to complete this job, and have warned him this would be our next step, to no avail. Hence, this complaint.

We would prefer not to have to hire someone else to finish the work and then have to attempt to seek reimbursement, probably through the court system, from *****, but at this stage, it would be uncomfortable, as well, to have him finally return and do it himself. However, that would be the most expeditious solution, and we would be open to him just honoring his word and actually showing up for a change.

Yes it was a verbal agreement that ***** made to do some free work.***** did repaint the shelf twice I did tell the customer if it bubbles again he will have to use new wood.His excuses for not showing up everything was the truth.The work van was on fire distroyed everything inside if you want prove I will be happy to provide with a police report or a investigators report also ***** did have a broken thumb he couldn't work can provide prove for that too.***** is willing to stop at the house on Tuesday 9-3-2013 around 7am to take care off all the repairs he agreed to.Will call to confirm the day

I did promise to remove the complaint once the job was finally completed and was actually going to once I was sure the last "resolution" actually worked. It appears it has. However, to say I am satisfied that it took over 6 months, many calls and no-shows and excuses, not to mention an inaccurate rendition by ***** as to the circumstances and conversations, would be a stretch. I concur as to the removal of this complaint but could never recommend this company based on this experience! For what it's worth...

I wish I had a job that I can just sit in front off a computer and reply to people like Mr *******.He forgot to mention that when I spoke to him he told me not to call him back to call his wife let her know when I can come out Thats what I did.Spoke to his wife gave her a date.
We did go out and replaced the shelf with new wood. I wish Mr ******* would have replyed to BBB letting them know that the job is completed.
He did promise to ***** that he will remove his complain from BBB and other places that he had posted.I don't have time to look for his postings.I hope he will keep his words and remove his posting.He does own a business himself I hope he realizes how complains can hurt a business
Thanks

Painting Contractors, Interior Decorators & Designers, Painting - Faux Finishing, Deck Cleaning and Waterproofing, Pressure Washing