This business is not BBB accredited.Additional Locations
Phone: (888) 502-9582 View Additional Email Addresses
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company offers consumer and B2B services of purchasing and recycling used cellular items. Phones are refurbished and resold.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for SellandRecycle.com include:
- 296 complaint(s) filed against business
- Failure to respond to 35 complaint(s) filed against business
- 50 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||160|
|Total Closed Complaints||296|
Additional Complaint Information
Based on BBB files this company has a pattern of complaints. Complaints processed by BBB state that consumers send in their used phones for payment, and are told via email that payment will be received in 3-5 business days. Consumers do not receive the payment within that time frame.
The company responded to the pattern of complaints by stating the following:
Customers are promised to be paid as stated on our terms and condition within 3 to 5 business days when the item received matches the condition they stated within our site. I will list below reasons why customers are now currently not being paid within the advertised period of time:
1) The physical condition of the item does not match. This happens very often, most people state their phone is flawless when it is not.
2) The phone is received password locked. We request the customer to provide us with their password. Some never respond.
3) If it's an iPhone, Apple has added an anti-theft new featured involved with iCloud that prevents the phone being activated by anyone until that phone is unlinked. We have recently seen an increase of this problem.
4) Bad ESN or Bad IMEIs, this is when a phone is part of an insurance claim, the customer did not pay their bill their current carrier, reported lost, and other issues that can cause a bad serial number on a phone. We cannot figure out the particular problem of what is causing the bad serial numbers so we ask customers to clear it.
5) As mentioned on our terms and conditions. The customer needs to check their emails to respond if they accept the monetary offer. Some customers never respond to these emails.
6) Customer forfeits their rights to accepting an offer and they get frustrated. They do agree to this within our terms and condition that if they don't reply within a week they are bound to the sale amount assessed.
7) The phone gets lost in the mail.
8) We do send the customer the payment via PayPal and they don't know how to claim it and unfortunately think they never got paid.
9) The USPS loses the checks in the mail. They also lose cell phones.
What are we doing to prevent this:
1) If a check is lost in the mail, we send them one with a tracking number to prevent this from happening again.
2) We have a customer service phone line and answer emails as well.
3) We are developing chase emails to remind customers to respond to their device assessment. This will launched in January 2014.
4) We are hiring to improve our turnaround time of processing phones.
We are always working on ways to improve customer service, and customer retention.
A review of this company's complaints shows that the above issue still persist. Complaints processed by BBB state that consumers send in their used phones for payment, and are told via email that payment will be received in 3-5 business days. Consumers do not receive the payment within that time frame.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||1|
Type of Entity
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Business ManagementMr. Giovanni Gastelum, CEO
Number of Employees
Mobile Telephone Equipment & Supplies
Service AreaThis business service area covers the U.S.
Alternate Business NamesCellular Wings Inc. Cellular Wings Inc/SellandRecycle.com
Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Summary
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview