Avantguard Locksmith

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

01/05/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Promised 20-minute service. I kept having to call back for the next hour and half.
After locking my keys in my car, I Googled from a stranger's phone for a locksmith. I found AvantGuard and called them from this phone. I spoke with **** and told him I was at the Pleasanton County Fairgrounds in front of Building A. **** told me someone would be there in 20 minutes and asked me for my phone. I gave him my cellphone number. After 30 minutes and no contact nor service person, I called from my cellphone. He told me he would call the service guy to see where is was. He called me back and told me the guy was 10 minutes away. By this time, I had been out in the rain for 40 minutes. The service guy did call me and said he could not find the Fair Grounds, yet is takes up the most area in the town of Pleasanton. I told to stop and ask anyone and they would be able to tell him where the grounds were. I also informed him that he had to enter the parking lot thru Gate 8 on Valley Rd. It took him 2 more calls to me and 30 more minutes, finally arriving at 11:30am to complete the 2-minute job.

The service guy told me was not from the area, but the office who is dispatching them, should be able to help. **** was of no help when I called and I suspect he is providing similar service to his workers.

I called the company on Monday at 10am and asked to speak with the Manager. **** would not give him name, but asked we what this was about? I told him I would discuss this with the manager. He then told me he was the owner. I then told him that my problem was that he had promised 20-minute service. He yelled "So, it took an 1.5 hours out of your live? And you got back in your car!" At this point **** was not listening and there was no reason to take up my time with him.

I am expecting half back from the $150 that was charged for the service call and unlocking of my car.

02/03/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Overbilled for service.
No written receipts for service or suppolies
Insisted check written to serviceman
I called for locks for be changed on home.
I was quoted $15 service charge and $20 for lock.
When the serviceman arrived, he told me it would be $129 for the lock, $29 for the latch, for 2 doors, plus $15 service = $331. He said if I paid cash, he would give me 10% off. I wrote a check, and he insisted I write it personally to him. When I questioned this, he said they only accept checks from businesses. I was not given an invoice. When I tried to call back later to speak with someone in the office (twice), no one answered. (and the lock was installed crooked)

I was quoted $55 ($15 service charge, $20 a lock x 2). I had to pay $331.

I would like to be reimbursed $276 for the difference.

07/01/2013Advertising / Sales Issues