San Francisco Bay Area and Northern Coastal California

BBB Accredited Business since 10/30/2009

National Flooring & Supply

10/31/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: On 8-18-2013 I bought flooring from this company. They insured me they had qualified installers. The flooring was installed poorly.
On 8-18-2013 I bought flooring from National Flooring and Supply. They told me their installers were excellent and had 20 years experience. They had one of their workmen install the flooring. We noticed several mistakes and shoddy workmanship. They now refuse to do anything about it. We have called them several times and cannot make any headway. We cannot even close our closet doors because the flooring material is in the way. Also tile in the bathroom is broken.

October 10, 2013
Re: *** &******** *****
**** ********* ****
******, ** *****
The following is the order of events as it pertains to the sale & installation of sheet material in 2 bathrooms at the ***** residence:
--On 8/14/13, ******* ******** went to look at 2 bathrooms to quote the preparation & installation for sheet material. Mr. ***** was very argumentative and Mr ******** left the jobsite.
--On 8/16/13, Ms ***** called National Flooring to apologize for her husband's behavior. She stated at that time, that her husband had agreed to have the floors ready for new material.
--On 8/19/13, I sold material to******** ***** for her master bathroom, at which time Ms ***** expressed a desire to use the waste portion of the material to be installed in 2nd bathroom. I told her it would be possible with 1 seam behind toilet in hall bathroom. She agreed, at which time she paid for material only with the understanding that the labor to install would be paid direct to installer. I then contacted ***** ***** and he provided the installation and was paid $150 per bathroom by Mr & Mrs *****.

--After the installation was completed, Mr. ***** called National Flooring to complain about the workmanship provided by Mr. *****. Mr. ***** was again very angry and argumentative with Mr. ******** on the telephone. I agreed to go out and look at the job, since I have known Mr. ***** for a number of years.
--On 9/26/13, I made an appointment to meet with Mr. ***** on the jobsite. I took with me a check issued by National Flooring to refund the material AND installation costs paid by Mr. & Mrs. *****. Upon my arrival, Mr. ***** angrily took me to the bathrooms. He accused the installer of breaking a small piece of tile in the master bathroom shower area (left leg of shower pan). He quickly stated to me at that time, that he was o.k. with taking care of that issue himself. He proceeded to show me that the installer did not appear to have used caulking at tub or shower pan. Also, he showed me a crooked cut to material at closet door track, but admitted pulling the material out from under to track because his doors were hard to open. The seam in hall bathroom behind the toilet was a source of irritation to Mr. *****, as there was a glue residue left on the surface of the material. He also showed me where the material meets the carpet, the material was cut too long and the carpet yarn was under the sheet - he had told installer not to use flatbar metal, as the carpet would soon need to be changed.
I told Mr. ***** we had two options, I was either prepared to reimburse all of his expenses right then with the check in my hand OR I would come back myself and make the necessary adjustments. He stated to me at that time, that he "just wanted it fixed and didn't need the money". I asked when I could come back and he stated that he would call me when they returned from a trip to Reno for Mrs. *****'s birthday. I took pictures of the areas in question and felt we had reached an agreement.
--On 10/9/13, I was notified that Mr. & Mrs. ***** had filed a complaint against National Flooring with the Better Business Bureau, stating that the material was poorly installed and we were "refusing to do anything about it". I immediately called Mr. ***** and arranged another meeting for the next day 10/10/13.
--On 10/10/13, I personally took the necessary tools & supplies to make the needed touch ups. I found the closet doors where completely off the tracks. I put the doors back on track. I made all other repairs and Mr. ***** inspected the areas. He then agreed to sign a statement that he is satisfied.
Signed: ****** ** *****, Sales Associate, National Flooring

Floor Materials - Retail, Contractors - Flooring, Vinyl Flooring, Carpet & Rug Dealers - New, Hardwood Floor Contractors, Tile - Ceramic - Contractors & Dealers, Floors - Laminate