San Francisco Bay Area and Northern Coastal California

BBB Accredited Business since 02/11/2013

Five Star Cleaning Service

11/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Charged $300 for the first cleaning visit,per their policy they did a bad job complained twice. Took my key without permission then quit.
Paid $300 for first visit on July 18th "Spring Cleaning" not a good job. They said they would do better next visit @ $125 a visit every other week they stayed a short time and did sloppy work. They left the shower dirty and moldy. I complained on September 12th they said they would spend more time on it.On September 26th They took my key without asking and the shower looked worse then it did before. I complained about the shower again and asked where my key was.They brought the key back then sent a text to quit. I feel that the $300 was a type of retainer and was not worth it. Even the blinds are still dusty.

I would like my $300 returned.

Received business response via email on 10/22/13:

WHEN THIS WOMAN HIRED US ON THUR JULY 18TH 2013 AT *** ****** AVE *********

FOR A DEEP CLEANUP. I SENT A CREW OF THREE THAT SPENT 6HRS THERE. AFTER THE DEEP

CLEANUP I ALWAYS DO A FOLLOWUP WITH ALL NEW CLIENTS TO MAKE SURE WE DELIVER

FIVE STAR SERVICE.

SHE REPLIED VIA TEXT THAT WE EXCEEDED HER EXPECTATIONS ABOUT OUR SERVICE THAT DAY!!!

WE RENDERED JANITORIAL SERVICE TO HER THRU SEP 26TH 2013. ON SEP 12TH SHE COMPLAINED

THAT HER MASTER SHOWER WASN'T CLEANED GOOD. I SAID I WILL MAKE SURE WE SPEND THE

EXTRA TIME ON IT ON OUR NEXT VISIT. WE DID! SHE CALLED AGAIN TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE

SAME ISSUE AFTER WE HAVE SPEND ABOUT AN EXTRA HR THAN THE USUALL. I WENT THERE AFTER

MY CREW WAS DONE AND IT WAS SPOTLESS.

I AS OWNER OF FIVE STAR CLEANING SERVICE DECIDED TO STOP SERVICE TO HER AND NOT TRY NO MORE

BECAUSE I KNOW THAT WE BOTH HAD A BITTER TASTE ABOUT EACH OTHER AND IT WAS NOT GOING TO

WORK FOR EITHER ONE OF US ANYMORE.

TWO AND HALF MONTHS LATER SHE STILL COMPLAINS THAT SHE PAID $300 FOR THE FIRST DEEP CLEANUP!!!

THAT DONT MAKE SENCE AFTER SHE SAID WE EXCEEDED HER EXPECTATIONS!!! THEN I TELL HER I DECIDED NOT

TO SERVICE HER HOME NO MORE AND NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE DEEP CLEANUP THAT

HAPPENED 2 1/2 MONTHS PRIOR!!!

THE WAY I SEE IT IS THAT THERE IS ALWAYS ONE IN THE BASKET THAT I CANT PLEASE. THANK GOD THIS IS ONLY MY

3RD ONE IN MY 15YRS IN BUSINESS. I HAVE 200+ CLIENTS THAT CAN BACK MY STATEMENT.

ONE OF MY CREW MEMBERS PUT THE KEY IN HIS POCKET BY ACCIDENT. HE WENT BACK AROUND 4PM THAT SAME

DAY TO PUT IT BACK AND TO TRY THE BATHROOM AGAIN THAT SHE COMPLAINED ABOUT BUT NO ONE ANSWER

THE DOOR. MY CREW LEFT THE KEY BACK UNDER THE FRONT DOOR MAT.

( I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE JANITORIAL SERVICE TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON AT ANYTIME )

JUST LIKE ANY OTHER BUSINESS!!!

I HOPE THAT MADE MYSELF CLEAR IN THIS EMAIL ABOUT THIS MATTER.

I don't accept this response it is full of false information. Starting with the so called "deep clean". The crew arrived on the first day in July was 2 adults and a child. They spent 4 and a half hours at the house, my son was home. After the first visit I mentioned that the blinds were not cleaned well or the shower. I never said that they exceeded my expectations EVER! The response was "what they missed, they would get next time"

The next time they spent about 2 and a half hours at my home, it became less and less time each visit. More and more sloppy. The items not completed on the deep clean were never resolved. I sent photos of the shower to them twice, it was very dirty the "spotless" comment is a complete lie. I won't call mold and soap scum spotless!

I was being honest giving the feed back on the services, not trying to start a problem.

They broke a mirror, I said nothing. I was always pleasant just wanted to get the service I was paying for. They took the key, I simply asked where it was, no response. One hour later we saw a person come to the porch and place the key under the mat, they did not ring the door bell, there were three of us that could see through the window.A few minutes later I received the text that they were no longer serving our area. They had placed adds on Craig's list looking for more work in St Helena the very same day.

This is a scam and I plan to warn the people of Saint Helena. I have photos and text messages as proof. I have my son's texts that let me know the time of arrival and departure.They don't even know how to make a bed properly.
In no way do they deserve to be part of the BBB, I went by this rating to find someone I could trust. What is the point of this system?
******* ******

Cleaning Services, Maids & Butlers Service, House Cleaning, Window Cleaning, Floor Waxing, Polishing & Cleaning, Janitor Service