BBB Accredited Business since 09/01/1991

Lewis Carpet, Rug & Upholstery Cleaners

01/15/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Robocall telemarketing implying an existing relationship
Today I got a robocall (with the CallerID of "Private Caller" and no number shown) that identified in the recording as being from "Lewis Cleaners" and offered a callback number of ***-***-****. The call implied that we had an existing relationship by saying that we'd spoken before, which we haven't. While I appreciate businesses wanting to add customers, coldcalling with a recording like this is lazy, disrespectful of the recipient's time and resources, and is illegal.

I'm not currently seeking a settlement through this complaint, but may pursue a small-claims case for the unsolicited call, especially if I get more calls. I would appreciate a live person from the company reaching out, not to pursue new business, but to apologize for these tactics and saying that they won't use them again in the future. However, I don't expect this to happen.

Hi ****,I wanted to follow up on our phone conversation today. Once again Sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We have taken precautions to make sure you and no one else will receive the WRONG AUTO CALL. Once again Sorry and have a Great New Year.

**** *****

Carpet & Rug Cleaners, Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning, Tile & Grout Cleaning, Floor Waxing, Polishing & Cleaning, Water Damage Restoration, Hardwood Floor Maintenance, Carpet Installation, Carpet Layers, Carpet & Rug Repair