In San Francisco Bay Area and Northern Coastal California

BBB Accredited Business since 09/30/2013

Dirito Bros Walnut Creek Volkswagen

06/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received

Complaint: Sold a car as "certified preowned" with a defective tires
I've bought certified preowned Volkswagen Jetta 2010 on October 2013, and eventually figured out that tire has an edge wear, and another 2 tires have "cupping" and delayering. I have pointed out edge wear at the time of purchase, but sales have checked with someone and convinced that this is normal. Now they decline that conversation ever happen. "Cupped" tire produces a sound and vibration when driving, that was present at the time of purchase, but I didn't put attention to it. Car also had a alignment issue, that caused the tire to have an "edge wear", and I have a paperwork showing that I have fixed the alignment issue at my own expanse. Paperwork also shows that car "may have a safety issue" because of the alignment. Certification supposed to reveal and fix edge wear, cupped and delayered tire. However, they didn't done it and I have to do it now on my own expanse.

In response to case number ********* ***** ****, Dirito Brothers had been in contact with customer and responded to customer that the car had been Certified and was sold up to those standards. We discussed this with him and went thru the inspection sheet including the tires. The car was safe to drive and we did not cover wear and tear items. Both our Used Car manager and General Manager talked with customer to explain that the tires were compliant and safe . At this time there is no other communications or actions being taken.

***** ***** GSM

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
Here is what inspection sheet says:

Item 110: Tire Wear: No Unusual Wear Pattern
I was asking about wear pattern on one of the tire that concerned me at the day of the purchase. Salesman explained me, that it is normal. Later on, after I've noticed that car is slippery on a wet road and went to independent repair shop. It gave me a notice that tire that I was concerned about at the day of car purchase had edge wear and is a safety concern. Tire looked the same as in the day of car purchase. I have a paperwork stating that the tire has an edge wear from that repair shop, as well as similar paperwork from another repair shop.

Item 73: Overall Road Feel: No Abnormal Driving Response/No Abnormal Noise
I was concerned about the noise from another tire from the day of the purchase. Tire turned out to be cupped, and also a safety concern. Have a paperwork stating this from an independent facility.

Because I have noticed these issues at the time of purchase, I believe that certification was not done good enough. They have also mislead me, telling me that there are no issues on my direct question on the tire.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto - Fleet Service