In San Francisco Bay Area and Northern Coastal California

BBB Accredited Business since 01/01/2003

Acura Of Concord

Phone: (925) 674-1900

02/21/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor service under the terms of warranties

Complaint: Acura is not honoring the waranty about free maintenance for 4 year/50,000 miles as shown on the computer.
I bought a pre owned certified 2013 Acura ILX 6 months ago. My service light went on, so I took it to the Acura dealership where I bought it, and was told that I'd have to pay $130. We then took the car to our personal mechanic and he told us that the service for this new car is free from the dealership. I went to Google, typed in Acura 2013 ILX warannty and clicked on the first site that turns up. It was motortrend.com and it clearly states that the waranty for this car. Basic 4 year/50,000 mile, FREE MAINTENANCE 4 year/50,000 miles, Drivetrain 6 year/ 70,000 miles, Roadside 4 year/50,000 miles and Rust 5 year/Unlimited miles. I called Acura in Concord asking why they are charging $130, and I was told that the maintenance is not covered. I explain what the website says, and he cannot help me. I go over all the other things, and he says those were correct, but maintenance is not covered. I had the belief that the maintenance was free during the waranty period, but now learn otherwise, and when investigated, it turns out that they are not honoring what they post online.

Contact Name and Title: ******* ******, Service D
Contact Email: *******************************
See attached document. This was reviewed by the Motor Vehicle Control Board also. The website she is refering to is NOT Acura's but Motortrend Magazine. Even it has a disclaimer at the bottom saying maintenance not included.

I did not see a disclaimer at the bottom saying maintenance not included. I saw clearly in the middle where they have all the warranty info that it iS included. When I looked up the waranty, I typed in Google, Acura ILX 2013 warranty, and the first website that turned up was what I opened. I didn't know if it was Motor Trend till after I looked at it better, but Motor Trend had to get it's info from somewhere. They are a reputable magazine and don't print whatever they want. Where did they get this info from. It is very misleading when someone is trying to decide on a car to purchase. It misleads everybody. So my question now is, where did Motor Trend get this info from, then publish it.

The actual warranty is included with the car when delivered to the customer. It is in the packet of books. Maintenance is not covered. While Motortrend may be a big magazine it is their content, not Acura of Concord's or Acura USA.

I suggest if the customer has a question about Motortrend's content she should contact them directly.

12/10/2012Problems with Product / Service