In San Francisco Bay Area and Northern Coastal California

BBB Accredited Business since 02/14/2013

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

09/20/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue

Complaint: Ruby Lane denied my shop without any explanation. I am not alleging discrimmination although my items are cultural in nature.
I spent hours getting pictures and obtaining explanations for my shop. I did not get any feedback about my shop once submitted other than I was denied. The proper protocol would have been to at least provide an explanation since they explained that they wanted my money to start the process very clearly. I am puzzled as to why my shop was slammed down without any explanation. I have cultural dolls and artifacts. This is my first attempt at opening a shop on Ruby Lane so they should have at least provided a sound critique and allowed me to correct any issues. I want to know how many shops they denied without any reasons and what type of items others have that were recently approved.

Ruby Lane reviews all shops using the same process and criteria.

As the shop was not opened, the refund was promptly issued within 24 hours.

******Director of Customer Support

Ruby Lane, Inc.

Ruby Lane did not provide any detailed reason as to why they denied my shop. They only saw that I had******and denied me. They did refund my money, but they did not even allow the allotted time to review my shop. They denied me extremely fast with no explanation. I do not suggest anyone of color to deal with this racist establishment. Take your business elsewhere.

On August 20, 2013, Ruby Lane replied to ******Sabree regarding why Ruby Lane decided not to open a shop for her. The details of our reply are copied below:

--------------------------------
On Tue Aug 20 16:16:04 2013, *****wrote:
What is the reason? Do you have an issue with *****?

On Wed Aug 21 16:11:43 2013, Ruby Lane wrote:
Hello *****,

Prospective shop owners are asked to submit a pre-review checklist to
indicate they have read and are aware of reasons that might prevent
their shop from being opened. Step one of the checklist gives the top
ten reasons that may prevent a new shop from being opened by Ruby Lane.
Issues found in your shop matched issues we mention in Step one.

In addition, the following important bullets are also included in Step
three of the checklist:

====================
1. I have read and understand all of the shop requirements for each
Lane.

2. Do all items listed in your shop meet site and Lane requirements?
===================

You had answered 'Yes' to those questions.

The pre-opening checklist is important and intended to try to encourage prospective shop owners to be sure to make any corrections that may be
needed prior to requesting their shop be opened. This helps to ensure
successful completion of the process.

Though you completed the pre-opening checklist, indicating you had read
the guidelines and each of your items were able to meet them, most of
the initial 10 listings in your shop did not meet listing requirements.

This was the reason your shop was not opened on our site.

A search of our Dolls Lane provides the answer to your second question.

Ruby Lane
--------------------------------

Ruby Lane currently has hundreds, if not thousands of *****and Doll related articles for sale, all of which are welcome on the site and always have been.

*****Director of Customer Support

09/19/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue

Complaint: No buyer protection on completed sales as well as layaways
I purchased several items on Rubylane from *****, ******, #******, #******, #******, #******, #******, #****** Some I put on layaway, while others were purchased outright. I have paid all of the items off and have received nothing. The seller is avoiding me. I had to contact *****, which states they were layaway therefore they do not guarantee the sale, but as I stated not all were layaway, and even so they should back their sellers, and protect their buyers. I am now out over 600.00 USD with no way to recouped the loss, and that seller is still listing and selling on Rubylane now with another new store opened called 3 blue cats. They have sold many items since and I would like to know if those items were sent or where those buyers taken as well.
I would like to see them to be held accountable for the stores they allow to sale on their site, as those stores are Rubylane, and to give buyers a since of honesty as I feel Rubylane is in it to take fees then hide behind false rules saying I need to return the items for a refund, items I have never received so I am unable to return them. It is too late to file a claim with paypal as the layaway had taken place over a 3 months period and it is past their 45 days, So it is set up for buyers to fail if they choose layaway, even though Rubylane receives fees for these sells.

Contact Name and Title: ******
Contact Phone: *****
Contact Email: ******
August 19, 2013: Ruby Lane was contacted by Theresa Compton regarding purchases made from Ruby Lane shop*****.

August 20, 2013: Ruby Lane Customer Support contacted the shop owner regarding the status of the purchases in question. We also replied to ******.

August 21, 2013: The shop owner replied to Ruby Lane, indicating that all of the items were shipped to the customer. The details of the shipping are below.

**********
Tracking #: *****
August 21, 2013: Ruby Lane contacted ****** with the updated information from the shop owner.

******Director of Customer Support