Applications due July 15, 2016
Business owners and senior level executives interested in helping advance marketplace trust are sought to serve on BBB's Board of Directors. You'll gain valuable experience helping the organization meet the growing needs of accredited businesses and consumers.
If accepted, a Board member serves (1) three-year term and can serve no more than two consecutive terms. The director must represent a BBB Accredited Business in Greater Maryland. Interested candidates should submit a completed application by July 15, 2016.
(Application tip: for best use, click the application link & save form to computer before completing.)
- A Board Member may serve two (2) three year terms and then must step down for a minimum of one year before they can re-apply. The exception to this policy is for members who go on to officer positions or serve on the Executive Committee.
- The Board meets four times a year plus a one day Retreat. Newly appointed 2015 Board members are expected to attend the Board Retreat this Fall and subsequent Board meetings.
- The meetings are generally held on Thursday mornings 8:30am – 10:30am and serving as hosts, the meetings are held in the offices/locations of a Board member.
- Attendance is expected and failure to attend meetings can be a cause for request to voluntarily resign.
- Board members are expected to serve on at least one committee during their board tenure and after the first year. Committee’s currently meeting are Personnel, Finance, Standards and Compliance and Executive. Engagement is the key to our success.
- There is no set number of vacancies we are required to fill for this year’s class – our focus is on the right fit for our organization and for you, so we don’t try to make something happen for the sake of “filling seats”.
- BBB Board members should be responsive to emails regarding Board actions and activities; place meeting dates on your calendar; and print documents in preparation for each meeting. Communication with our Board is primarily via email.
For more information, please contact Angie Barnett at 410-347-3981.