BBB Accredited Business since 01/31/2012

AAMCO Transmissions

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/31/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The service I expressed i needed done was not done.The service that was done was inferior,not explained entirely,& the outcome wasnt what i paid for
On 10/25/13 i paid $3325.50 for a rebuilt transmission & tourque converter etc.On 10/31/13 i paid a additional payment of $681.27 for a fan clutch/harness , believing that these problems where fixed,& were the reasons for why i asked this business to provide me with a service.My method of payment was cash.One of the sales persons who helped me on these days & until now name is ***.The vehicle that was serviced not to my expectation was a 2002 red ***** ************* initially went to aamco for service because i had the physical problems of me driving my truck pressing the gas pedal & having little or no acceleration and the rpm meter on my dash board maxing out. I expressed this to the sales rep. ***.I also stated that this was the problem i wanted fixed.i also stated that this is the problem i want fixed for payment of there services & that i believe this problem to be caused do to my transmission.On 10/25/13 i was told that my transmission was the cause of my physical & performance problems of my truck i then paid for service.1-2 weeks later i made additional payments for services i was told needed to be done to insure my performance problems i went to aamco for where solved.I received my truck on 11/4/13.On 11/25/13 i began to experience the same physical and performance problems while driving my truck that i trusted aamco to fix.I was told & made to believe the problem i paided for was resolved.I returned to aamco with my truck on 11/25/13.I was told on 11/26 that i need to pay an additional $400.00+ for services to my truck to fix the problem that i already paid a total of $4006.47 to be done.I do not have any more money.

I want my problem solved.I am seeking to have my physical & performance problems that i asked trusted & paid aamco to fix to be fixed at no additional cost.

Thank you for contacting concerning Mr. *****. By the time you were contacted by him I had already resolved his issue. Originally he had a transmission problem; no 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gear. It just neutraled out after it tried to shift. When we fixed his transmission we told him that there were codes in the computer indicating a problem with his 4x4 transfer case. He did not want that repaired. When he came in this last time is vehicle was stuck in 4x4 low. Transmission was fine. His 4x4 shift motor was bad. I fixed it for him at my cost plus I allowed him to give me a post dated check because he did not have the money for the repair.

Both he and his mother were happy with the outcome and seem very satisfied.

Yours truly,

*** ****

03/26/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

****** ******, is harassing me. I have asked ****** ****** repeatedly to remove me from his mailing list. Yet, he continues to solicit future business from me. The experience I had with him last year was the worst service I have ever had. He quoted me a price, took the car apart, and then jacked the price up by close to $1,000 if I wanted him to actually repair the car. I was told the repair would take 2 business days. He had my car for 3-4 weeks. Every single day I would call and ask what time I should pick up the car and every single day he would say it's just about ready, we just one minor adjustment to make in the morning and you can pick it up tomorrow. Every day I was given the same runaround. This is a scam. He quotes prices and turnaround times that he has no intention of sticking to. Eventually after I complained enough, he agreed to pay for a rental car for me if I used the company that he recommended. I that. Then when my car was finally repaired and I returned the rental car he refused to pay the bill. He is a very very dishonest person. He is a also person with a very bad temper. I was his customer and while on the phone he swore at me and hung up on me. Under no circumstances will I ever do business with him again. I have also filed a complaint with AAMCO headquarters to get him to stop mailing me. As I said before, this is the worst company I have ever done business with in my entire life. I can not believe that he had a B+ rating with the BBB when I went to him, and even after my complaints and others complaints since then he has now been upgraded to a A+ rating. This is an example of a business that deserves an F rating. I will no longer trust BBB ratings.

I expect ****** ****** to stop harassing me by mailing me things against my will.

All of our customer's repair orders are emailed to the Aamco Home Office each week. They have a company that automatically sends service reminders , usually with coupons, at the intervals suggested by the manufacturer. Ms. ****** has never asked me to stop that process. About 1-2 months ago she mailed me back one of the coupons with a note saying she wanted off the mailing list and she also scribbled a curse word to describe me. At that point I started process to have her removed from the mailing list. Since no one has ever asked me to do that before it took numerous phone calls to get that process done. Meanwhile, she called the Home Office and complained to someone there that she did not want to be on our mailing list. By that time she had been taken off of the mailing list. As of about 1 month ago she was removed from the list. According to our records she brought he car in for repair on May 30, 2012 and it was delivered to her on June 7, 2012. The records at ********** show that is when she picked up and returned the rental car there. I don't recommend Car Rental companies per say, but I tell the customer that if they identify themselves as an Aamco customer they will receive a discount daily rental fee. She had the rental for 3 days. She needed the rental car for the 2-3 days that I told her it usually takes to make the repair on her car. She was paying for that because I had to order unexpected parts from out of town, and because of Memorial Day Holiday it took 6-7 days to get her car repaired. I did pay for 2 of the 3 days that she had the car. I did not pay 1 day because she was to pay for that. Originally, they hit her charge card for the entire rental bill but they refunded her the difference when they realized that I had agreed to pay for that. Therefore, I did not renege on my promise to cover the rental for that extra days.

Finally, about the cost of repairs. As you know, ***, until we take the transmission completely apart we do not know the extent of the damage and the final cost of repair. So what we do is give the customer an estimate of the items and the labor before we take it apart. Her estimate was $1722.19 plus any hard parts if they are needed. If it becomes too much after we take it apart and they change their mind and don't want to fix it they can opt out but have to pay us a reassembly fee. In her case the reassembly fee was $650.00. She was well aware of all this before the work was done. In her case she had extensive damage and the total cost of repair came to $2530.14 plus tax. A difference of $800-not $1000.00. In addition to what's listed on her repair order we ate two additional parts (a rear drum and a rebuilt valve body valued at $400.00) listed on a 2nd repair order.

I do not yell or curse at anyone- that's not who I am. I do not lie to anyone about anything. I am not a dishonest person. I have documented everything that I have written in the letter. She has documented nothing. I have no idea why she feels the way that she does about me and my business. I don't remember a thing about any unpleasantness concerning the entire transaction. Because of a holiday and parts ordered from out of town it took 6 or 7 days not 3-4 weeks. I did not renege on the rental car- I paid for it. Finally, she was well aware that additional parts might be needed. The only negative thing that I remember form this deal is that she applied for a loan to pay for the repair through ********. She was turned down because of credit issues. However, all of that took place before the repair was started.

Ms. ****** also left a nasty review on at least several review sites place she called the Home Office. I strongly believe that she needs to withdraw the bad reviews and this un-founded complaint to BBB. If not, I might have to take another course of action.

Yours Truly,

***************

09/15/2014Problems with Product / Service
11/19/2012Problems with Product / Service
06/25/2012Problems with Product / Service
06/28/2012Problems with Product / Service

Transmissions - Automobile, Auto Lube & Oil - Mobile, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Services, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Engines - Fuel Injection Service & Parts, Brake Service, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Electric Service, Auto Diagnostic Service, Auto Air Conditioning, Windshield Wipers, Brake Fluids, Battery Repairing & Rebuilding