BBB Accredited Business since 05/23/2001

Chesapeake Roofing, Windows & Siding, Inc.

01/04/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Chesapeake Roofing replaced my roof in 6/2013. Due to faulty work - later confirmed by them -they repaired the damage but now are billing me $900.
A roof replacement was done in 6/2013 by Chesapeake Roofing. Water damage to indoor ceiling appeared/discovered in 11/2015. Owner replied to my complaint in person on 11/30/15 and told me the damage was due to tree branches puncturing a hole in roof. This was ridiculous and incorrect as later inspection by their employees confirmed a nail they hammered into the wood went all the way through roof causing water to leak through shingles, barrier, wood and ceiling. The wood they applied new materials to back in 2013 was dry rotted. This was discovered as their crew tore up shingles beyond the original hole.
Per Chesapeake's contract, rotten wood will be replaced upon inspection. I was charged for extra plywood ($55 per sheet) as needed after "inspection" back in 2013 per contract...why the front section of the roof was not replaced with additional plywood is beyond me. I would have gladly paid for it then.
Because their contract has a 5 year warranty on their work, Chesapeake agreed to repairing the damaged area of the original hole in roof at no cost. After getting on roof with their crew, I suggested we look for more rotten wood under a wider section of area. Sure enough, dry rotted wood was present and I suggested to owner to replace the entire front section of roof. He suggested I pay for extra sheets of plywood which I agreed and he would later gouge me for a bill of $900. This amount essentially equals a roof repair I should not be paying for due to their faulty work.

I ended up getting the interior drywall, insulation and paint damage repaired by a contractor totaling $1100. I would now like Chesapeake Roofing to reimburse me the difference of $210.

Mr ******* is correct in some of his statement. I went out to look at the roof and said I wasn't sure what was causing the leak but that it might be a limb that penetrated the roof. (He had a lot of debris laying on the roof). I told him we would tear up that area and replace at no charge if it was our fault.

When the workers tore up the area, the customer stated he wanted to replace all the plank wood decking on the low slope section of the roof with plywood decking. Since there was no issue with the rest of the roof I told him if he paid for the plywood and materials I would cover the labor which came out to $900 which he agreed to.

I also told him I would take care of the inside drywall damage. I got an email from him on 12/20/15 with the bill and replied within 24 hours stating I would get out the check for $200 the next day which I did.

Let me know if you need anything further.

**** ********

Roofing Contractors, Siding Contractors, Windows, Home Improvements, Gutters & Downspouts, Sunroom & Solarium Design & Construction, Windows - Installation & Service, Doors - Installation, Patio, Porch & Deck Enclosures, Shingles, Doors