BBB Accredited Business since 04/20/2006

Perry Moving Services, LLC

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

05/17/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Various articles were not transported to our home in ******* DE plus a very old mirror was damaged and left on the wall. No walk through was done.
My husband signed two contracts on 3/3/16 with the moving company. One was to move items to an apartment in ********** MD (local move) and the other one was to move the rest of our household items to ****** DE. On 3/16/16 two crews arrived at our home at *** ***** ***** ****** ********** *** One crew packed items going to the Apartment in ********** The other crew packed items going to ******, DE. I had to go to the apartment and let the local crew in and direct them to where items should be put. I was away approximately 1 hour. I came back and continued packing some items myself in my office. the crew moving items to ****** completed their moving of items, loaded the truck. My husband was not present at the house that day and had to go to a class leaving at 11:00am, returning around 6pm. My husband went upstairs and opened some closet doors in the bedrooms and called me to show me. He asked why were the clothes left in the guest bedroom and other bedroom. There were miscellaneous items left in our closet. There were also framed pictures left on the walls, Christmas Items left in the basement closet. I told him I did not know. We both noticed that an old antigue mirror, 3x4 that was my mother's was cracked and still left on the wall. This mirror was suppose to go ******, DE. We called **** ******* at Perry Moving and sent her a picture notifying her that the mirror was damaged. She later had a ***** ****** contact us on March 21. We informed her of the incomplete move that was done. She stated she would do her own investigating and get back to us. We contacted ***** again on March 31 because we had not heard back from her. She stated that we asked the workers about the items we mentioned and they stated they had done a walk through with me. This is incorrect because no one took me around to each work to review the rooms for completeness. While all the furniture was taken there were numerous items left in the closets that should have gone over to the ****** Home in Delaware. We stated to her that if a walk through was done then why was the mirror left on the wall as well as some framed pictures, Christmas items in a closet, clothes in a closet and other miscellaneous items. We had to rent a uhaul cargo van to transport the items twice as well as bring over the clothes, pictures in our SUV twice. Also, we mentioned to her that the mirror that belonged to my mother and which hung in her home for over 40 years then in my home in ***** ****** MD for 21 years plus my home in ********* for 12 years was untouched and not damaged. ***** claims she asked her crew members about this and none of them fessed up to the damage. We stated that the mirror hung on the wall undamaged. We found it strange that some of the workers would point out to me a knick on a piano or a piece of something missing while loading on the truck yet no mention of the mirror. this mirror was to be transported to Delaware and was damaged while there. We paid for the local move $1441.50 by check # **** and Cashier's check for the ******, DE move $3,244.15 plus a local check # **** for $449.00 which we were told by **** ******* was for additional packing crates for pictures. In total we paid Perry Moving & Storage $5,134.65 for an incomplete move. Ms. ***** ****** on our last conversation was on 3/31/16. She stated that Mr. Perry would be calling us. As of the date of this complaint, we have not heard back from anyone. An email was sent to ***** ****** recapping what happened on April 4, 2016. Because of the lack of response on Perry's part, the damage of my mother's antigue mirror and the incomplete move of various household items to ******, DE, we have not had any choice but to bring this to your attention as well as the Consumer Affairs office which we have already filed as of last Thursday, April 7, 2016. (Note: we took the mirror to a mirror and glass company in ********** MD and were told that there is nothing that can be done).

Because we signed 2 separate agreements with Perry Moving and Storage we are seeking a full refund of our monies paid to them for the incomplete move of household items to include, framed pictures, clothes, miscellaneous kitchen wares, mirrors (2) that we were charged an additional amount.

Thank you for bringing your complaint to our attention. We have reached out to attempt to resolve this complaint. We are waiting to hear from the customer.

we have sent our complaint to the Office of the Attorney General Office of Consumer Complaint and are awaiting to hear from them as to what my options are.

Please note that because we tried on March 18, March 21, March 31 speaking to **** *******, ***** ****** and were told then that Mr. Perry would be calling us. It was not until after we filed the complaint with your office that my husband first received a phone call from Mr. Perry leaving a message to have lunch with him on April 19. Then a phone call was left on my voice mail on April 20. Perry Moving and Storage is not consumer friendly did not want to address the issue I brought up not with one person but two people at the office and only after I filed my complaint spent time, my energy and under stress they now want to talk. I will have to wait for further information and what options I have with regard to the complaint from the Office of the Attorney General. All Perry did was send me a form to file a loss damage which I paid because I was charged for it. So what is it they are proposing to do for me? They did an incomplete move and I want my full refund of the monies I paid them to move us to Delaware. They breached their agreement with us. Pictures, mirrors, articles, were not moved to ******, Delaware as we requested and paid for and were charged for.

There are two sides to every story. In respecting our customers privacy We have attempted to resolve this off line. We contacted Mr. ******** and he has agreed to try to have his wife meet with us to try to resolve this. We will be glad to cooperate with the Attorney General in any way. They are welcome to contact me anytime.

Richard Perry

First of all I have stated and submitted my complaint along with all attachments to the vendor. I am seeking a full refund of monies paid to Perry Moving and Storage for a move that was not complete. Items left at my home in closets behinds doors, kitchen cabinet left unpacked which we were charged for in the agreement. Mirror damaged was in my family for more than 73 years. I have also sent to the State Attorney General for the State of Maryland Consumer Affairs office my complaint. They have received it and have assigned me a case number already per today. I was told that someone would get in touch with me within the next week or two. The moving company has only recently wanted to talk with me since filing my initial complaint with the BBB plus I have also contacted the *************** Vice president of vendor services, ***** ******* who I have spoken with twice already and have submitted to her my complaint as well. I used Perry Moving and Storage because my husband is a *************** Agent and my husband recommended using vendor services to have our moves done through. I have already stated my position with regard to the stress, I was put under by the company with the damage of my mother's heirloom mirror, the items left behind which included the mirror plus another mirror which I was charged for in addition to the original contract price plus pictures, various kitchen items, closet clothes, etc. I have already stated this and my position has been conveyed to Perry Moving and Storage via your complaint, my email to Perry Moving to the attention of ***** ****** (she asked us to send her a recap of what transpired) which I did on April 4, 2016. No one called us back from Perry Moving and Storage until they received the complaint from the BBB and from ***************. What more am I suppose to do with regard to Perry Moving and Storage. I have nothing to say to Mr. Perry other than what has been stated, said, repeated to the BBB, *************** and Consumer Affairs Office. There was absolutely no walk through done with me at the house by Warren, the supervisor for the ****** DE move. I am totally incensed that when my husband and I contacted **** ******* at Perry Moving and Storage about the mirror being found on the wall in our house at 703 Pilot house along with the other items that were discovered by my husband when he came home on March 16 that evening that she asked us if we thought "they had broken the mirror."? I told her I did not see it done but it hung on my wall outside my bedroom for 12 years since living there and very well could have happened when I was over the ************ Apartment letting the men in and directly them to where my items should be put. I am also incensed that when ************ of Perry Moving called me on 3/21/16 she stated she would do her own investigating and get back to me and my husband. She did not get back and I called her instead on 3/31/16. She then told me that she checked with her workers and supervisors and no one seems to know about the cracked mirror on the wall. Why would they fess up to her. They are lying. No one is taking responsibility. I also brought to *****'s attention that she was suppose to call me back and she did not and here it was 10 days later. I presume Perry Moving thought I would conveniently not pursue or bother with what they made me go through and that I would just forget about this whole incident. I paid $1441.15 to be moved to *****************. Apartment and $3,244.15 (cashier's check as told by Perry Moving & Storage) plus $449.00 personal check for the move to ******, DE which was a totally botched incomplete, stressful, move.

09/06/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Perry picked up goods for delivery from Baltimore to Washington. They were promised no later than August 5. They have not been delivered as yet
They picked up July 21. I flew to Washington to assist with unpacking on promised August 5 outside delivery date. As of now I do not believe the goods have left Maryland. Neither Perry nor ******* (the long haul partner) will return emails or phone calls to ask when the goods will be delivered.

Keep the goods, don't charge me and I will just purchase new furniture in Washington. This is just not worth it.

Mrs. ******* contacted ******* ******** to arrange her move. We are the local agent for ******* and performed the local pick up. We are given delivery date information from ******* Headquarters. ******* was not able to get this shipment delivered on time. We are not able to cancel the shipment because it is already in route. We have discussed a delay claim with ******* and will be glad to assist in the process. We are not able to settle claims on Stevens behalf. Mrs. ******* will need to contact ******* the carrier of her goods to be compensated for her inconvenience. We have been in contact with Mrs. ******* at all times and have not avoided contact.

In November when we moved I contacted ******* first. On this move I contacted Perry first. I did persistently call Perry about this and in my last conversation I was told I would be sent an email when the shipment left Maryland. I never got any email; that said I just want to someday see this shipment arrive. As it stands today we have no idea when the shipment will be delivered. It is obvious if shipping long distance it is better to deal with one carrier who can handle the entire transaction. I will not accept any charges on my credit card until the shipment is delivered.

11/26/2013Billing / Collection Issues

Movers, Moving Assistance - Packing, Unpacking, Organizing, Moving Services - Labor & Materials, Moving & Storage Company, Movers - Office