BBB Accredited Business since 07/28/2003

1st Class Moving Storage, Inc.

Fax: (410) 379-0022

10 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

04/05/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I moved from Maryland to Nevada. The company hired poor packers that damaged many items. They refused to pay and will use binding arbitration.

I paid for platinum replacement value of damaged goods. The company refuses to pay the replacement value. The purchased coverage had no stipulations that limited our claim, such as not listed on the initial Bill of Lading when we arrived. Due to their poor packers on both end it was impossible to list or determine missing and damaged items that day.

I paid for the platinum replacement value of damaged goods. I want that honored.

We receive this claim on 10/15/2013. The claim was acknowledged on 10/18/2013 and a final resolution was reached and all necessary documents were emailed to owner on 11/5/2013. Based on the Terms and Conditions of the contract, the claim came out to a total of $517.89. The owner had to sign a Final Release form in order for payment to be sent but that form has not been signed as of the date of this response.

The owner disagreed with our resolution of the claim accusing us of basing our decision on "fraudulent" documents and requested for an opportunity to review the original documents. On 1/23/2015 the owners, Mr and Mrs ***, came to our office and reviewed every document they wanted to review and found out that every document in the file was an original correct document.

Between this date and 2013, there were many email and telephone correspondence trying to resolve the issues but with no success. On 4/6/2015 1st Class Moving made another offer to settle this claim for $750.00, which was also declined by the owner. On 6/29/2015 1st Class Moving made a Final Offer to settle this claim for $2,000, nearly 4 times the liability amount, which was also declined by the owner.

The dispute stems from the fact that the owner is claiming damage to items that would have been very obvious at time of delivery and should have been noted on the documents. The dispute has nothing to do with denial of items based on them being packed inside boxes or concealed damage. The owner wrote on 1/18/2015 that "on the day of the move I had four local friends arrive at my house.... They would assist me in documenting all of the items to ensure nothing was missing." 4 people plus the 2 owners makes a total of 6 people checking and inspecting items and it should not be difficult to see damage to large furniture items such as a large desk, or allegedly missing items. Alleging that there were additional damaged and missing items 4 months after completion of the move is a bit unusual.

We are very reasonable and fair when dealing with our clients. We are also eager to bring this claim to a closure. However, we must have some cooperation from the other party. Insisting that they will only accept what they claim, without providing any documents to substantiate these amounts, has proven to be not very helpful in this case. Our offer to settle for $2,000 has been withdrawn since 6/30/2015. However, if the owner would like to cooperate with us in closing this case, we can extend this offer as long as it is accepted by 10/21/2015.

Please note that every document mentioned above and every document contained in our file, including ALL email correspondence, is available for review at any time. We will be glad to provide copies or upload if requested. Thank you for your assistance.

The key part of our claim is that the shipper had bad crews packing and unpacking our goods. This caused us to not fully document the damages the day of delivery. They refuse to honor the full price replacement coverage that we purchased from them. We have repeatedly asked that the shipper engage with the BBB to initiate binding arbitration. They refuse to do so.

We have also officially complained to the US Department of Transportation. The shipper has also refused to respond to that complaint. If more individuals would complain to the DOT, their shipping permit might be pulled and the shipper would take such comments seriously. With all the complaints I have seen about this company, I was the first to complain to the DOT. The owner of the company does not take the BBB complaints seriously and expressed that to me. He just claims "WE" are not cooperative and the BBB eventually closes the case.

I have refused to accept the $2000 he has offered as a settlement because I refuse to accept such a small amount for the nearly $5000 in damages he has caused my property. My claim was very reasonable. The shipper has continuously gotten away with denying claims. If they were truly held accountable for their damage, they would likely be careful with other s property.

The following is individual rebuttal to the submitted response by the shipper:

The shipper is selectively removing quotes from my previous correspondence. This was quoted the BBB response:

"The owner wrote on 1/18/2015 that "on the day of the move I had four local friends arrive at my house.... They would assist me in documenting all of the items to ensure nothing was missing." 4 people plus the 2 owners makes a total of 6 people checking and inspecting items and it should not be difficult to see damage to large furniture items such as a large desk, or allegedly missing items. Alleging that there were additional damaged and missing items 4 months after completion of the move is a bit unusual."

The shipper is excluding the following comment noted on the inventory and made on the day of delivery as follows: "We were also unhappy with the team that moved our household goods. The local team members were not moving professionals."

In other correspondence we elaborated that the local movers that assisted unload our household goods were from the local teamster union and had never moved professionally until they were assigned our shipment. The individuals that I had to help me identify damaged goods and myself were forced to assist with the unloading. The driver a full time employee of the shipper advised that we had time to determine the damage and submit our claim. That is what we did.

We still have the damaged shipping blankets that covered our soiled couches and damaged sewing table.

The desk that was damaged upon delivery was a big thing to me and we ended up putting it into our garage for storage due to the damage. The driver and moving crew moved it into the garage and was aware of the damage. I was very upset that it was not listed on the BOL and due to my anger about the damage could not believe it was not listed. That is why I wanted to personally review the BOL. Due to their claim practices I lost all trust in the shipper. I did find it was not listed on the BOL and the form appeared to not be modified as I felt it might have been.

As an example of their flawed claim process, I was denied a claim for a damaged lamp. The shipper claims it would have been exposed the day of delivery and I did not list it as a damaged item. In fact the lamp was put into a large shipping box and was not discovered as damaged until it was unpacked. So this damage was denied because the shipper does not believe it was boxed. I still have the box that has the shippers name and logo on the box with their inventory label, but that does not seem to matter to the shipper....

"Owner also claims that a $1,050 crystal bowl was damaged. Please note that the owner filled out a High-Value Inventory sheet which should list every item valued at more than $100 per lb. The owner listed on that form items that were valued at $35 to $60 but no listing of such bowl. Only to come after the move and claim that this bowl was worth $1,050, without any documents showing this amount."

The reason we went with a commercial shipper was because we had thousands of dollars of European Crystal and we wanted them properly packed. On the valuable items list we listed that we had several crystal items that included goblets and vases. We purchased these items in Germany in approximately 1977. It was not until the bowl was broken and we looked for an equivalent replacement did we discover its value. Actually it is considered a rare crystal bowl and valued fall more than we claimed, but felt the lower price was fair. The shipper refused to pay for an actual appraisal, so it was difficult to determine the true value. We would welcome an official appraisal to determine its true value.

We also discovered when our wall unit was but together that it contained two boxes of crystal goblets. They were loose in the cabinet. The cabinet was also turned upside down several; times. We were shocked to find that so few of the goblets were damaged. To think that the thin cardboard box was all that protected these goblets. To think that the shipper left them in a cabinet was an indication of their poor packing skills.

01/08/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Refuse to pay insurance claim 5.5 months after move. Will not answer phone calls or emails.
This company moved my in July 2015. Since that time I have tried contacting them to resolve the claim. They did have someone come out in November 2015 to repair the items that could be and to take photos/detailed description of damages unable to be repaired. Since Novemeber I have been able to speak to someone handling my claim 2x in December. The first call was the week of December 7th 2015 in which I was told it was almost settled and I would have an email by the end of the week. I did not. I called again the following week specifically today December 16th where I was told it was a large amount and again it would be finalized in 1-2 days but that he didn't want to tell me that because I would call back in 2 days every 2 hours. When I asked him to repeat that comment he would not. I then asked to speak to a manager he hung up on me and will not accept further calls. So as of 12/16/2015 my claim from July 2015 has not been settled.

I would like my claim resolved with the proper refund I am due to the moving company damages.

The claim form and instructions were sent to the customer in a timely manner however, the claim that was filed was missing about 50% of the required information (as clearly written in the instructions). 2 requests have been sent to complete the form but we have yet to receive the completed form. As soon as we receive it, we will be able to process it.

The response the business posted is completely fictional. I did receive my very 1st response from them in the form of an email on 1/6/2016 at 4:38 pm. I believe the only reason I received this response was because I contacted the BBB. I am going to send them the original receipts they asked for today but feel it extremely negligent that it took them 6 months to ask for the "missing information" and the BBB's involvement.

12/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The company has not settled my claim for damage for over 3 months. They have acknowledged they are responsible but refuse to pay me the $350 damages.
1st Class moved me and my wife from one home to another on Aug 9, 2014. I had paid extra for $45,000 insurance on my furniture at the time of the move. After the move I found damage to a dining room table and a chair. In addition, a large workbench top was somehow lost in the move. I filed claim for these items to the tune of $350 on September 6, 2014 and have not received payment to date although, in an email, the company has acknowledged the claim. I have made repeated calls to 1st Class. They no longer answer my calls or the messages I leave on their recorder.

I seek the $350 damage claim I filed, which the company has acknowledged but has refused to pay.

Business Response /* (****, **, 2014/12/12) */
The check was mailed to the customer and within the time specified on the release agreement. Copy is available if you need it for the file. Thank you.

Consumer Response /* (****, **, 2014/12/15) */
I filed the claim on September 6, 2014 and received the check on December 11, 2014. That is NOT within the 30 days that the company promises. They made a point of dragging the process out by not agreeing to the claim until November.

12/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Multiple issues occurred with this company (customer service, delivery, and replacement/refunds issues). On the day the movers showed up to deliver our items from storage (store approx. 6 months), they sent at least two individuals who clearly did not want to work. We were very concerned they would cost us additional money by not meeting their deadline for completing the job on time. One of the two problem individuals did the unthinkable; going to various rooms in our home (rooms that we closed off access) and one used our basement bathroom in the worse way and had our home smelling badly for a long period of time. Totally disrespected our brand new home. Another issue that occurred was that we noted damage to our formal dinning room table and a brand new leather couch was badly damaged/crushed. These items were noted before the movers left. Afterwards we sent in a claim in the appropriate time frame (end of April 2014). To date we have received no compensation for our claim. I became seriously concerned when I was given the number to the so called person who was supposed to be handling our claim. I was told the number was a Florida number. When I called the person didn't answer in a business or professional manner. He answered hello. He was very rude and nasty and stated he'd hadn't processed our claim and the loss item sent in the mail was simply a question. Why didn't he pick up the phone to ask the question. He also told me he had no intention on replacing my couch and even after I send him the estimate he is now requesting. He provided no information to send this info back to him. I believe this company is dishonest. I believe they are committing fraud, accepting insurance payments from people with no intentions on following through on payment. This company is not an honest company and should not be allowed to continue to treat hard working people in this manner.

We would like to see full refund/replacement for our couch (as the entire frame to the couch was crushed). The table leaf that was damage needs to be repaired. This company should be evaluated for fraud. We faithfully paid everything owed to them and we got the addition coverage in the event they damaged our household goods. They are not providing the service we have paid for. They have intentionally delayed/ignored our claim. They should not be allowed to treat people this way.

Please note that our office has been waiting for the repair estimate which we just received. Therefore, the claim has been accepted in the amount of $878 and a Final Release form has been mailed to the customer. Payment will be processed within 15 days from the date we receive the signed form. Should you have any questions or need further information, please let me know.
Thank you.

This will be acceptable as long as we receive the form that they claimed to have sent as we have not received anything from them (we have been down this road with them claiming to have mailed something to us and to this date, we have not receieved it). Should we receive the form, it will be sent back promptly and once we receive a payment for the damage, then that will be acceptable to us.

On August 18, 2014 we sent a Final Release form along with a cover letter explaining the process. The Final Release form should have been signed and returned back to us. Instead, the client signed the cover letter only and sent it via Certified Mail. In order to process the payment, we must receive the Final Release form signed by the Mrs ******. I did not see an option to upload documents but copies are available upon request.

Consumer submitted signed final release form.

BBB forwarded to the company.

Thank you.

On August 18, 2014 we sent a Final Release form along with a cover letter explaining the process. The Final Release form should have been signed and returned back to us. Instead, the client signed the cover letter only and sent it via Certified Mail. In order to process the payment, we must receive the Final Release form signed by the Mrs Durham. I did not see an option to upload documents but copies are available upon request.

Consumer submitted signed final release form.

BBB forwarded to company.

The complaint needs to be reopened or an additional complaint needs to be filed. 1st Class Moving & Storage received the signed form they claim we had not returned to them. Ms ****** from BBB forwarded the signed form. To date, well pass 30 days now, the business has failed to followed through on sending a payment to us.

Once again, this business has proved to be dishonest and deceptive. Failing to pay us for out claim even though they collect funds for insurance coverage from us. They have committed fraud against us.

We are once again seeking the payment they have stated to the BBB they would pay us. Your help with this is greatly appreciated.

The check was mailed on December 10th. Please let us know if you need a copy of the check and we will sent it.

01/21/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

1st Class Moving lost some valuable items during interstate move, and they have refused to acknowledge my loss despite evidence presented.
A package of quilts was prepared for my ******** move in June 2013 (photo available). The quilts which have both sentimental and monetary value to our family disappeared between the time the package was inventoried and loaded onto a 1st Class trust, and the delivery of my household goods in *** At the delivery end of the move, workers hired by 1st Class (off ************* refused to call out inventory numbers, or to place items in the rooms requested by me. The delivery was utter chaos! I discussed this at length with the driver, who said "just sign" and let us know if anything's not right and we'll take care of it. It took a couple of weeks to discover that the pack of quilts was missing. As soon as I discovered this, I emailed Mr ******, the president. He said they would look for them. Subsequent to that, I submitted a claim form. I had the quilts appraised and submitted that info along with all other documentation requested for other physical damage. I only recently got a letter from the 1st Class claims department saying that because the quilts were packed by me they would not consider my claim for the loss of the quilts. I again emailed Mr ****** last week, and have not received any sort of response from him. The quilts were appraised (I sent appraisal form to 1st Class) and they are all one of a kind, hand-made pieces. One was an antique piece. They are irreplaceable!!

These pieces are one of a kind, handmade quilts. They are irreplaceable from the standpoint of family history and sentiment. The total value of all three is approx $2,650. I think a small percentage of the value (20%) would be a fair settlement. The pieces just disappeared, and I wonder if someone either associated with, or who had access to the facilities at 1st Class just helped themselves. If the quilts can be found in decent condition, I am willing to discuss options.

My sincere apologies to the BBB and Mrs ****** for my delayed response as I am in ******* for the opening of our new location and my schedule is out of the normal flow.
As we explained in our response to Mrs ******'s claim, according to our inventory, these items were received and were checked off at time of leaving the warehouse and at time of delivery to **********. This was the reason for denying the claim for these items.
However, if Mrs ****** is willing to settle her claim for $530 is outlined above, we are willing to accept this settlement. This is a good customer service gesture and not an admission of guilt. If this is acceptable please notify me and I will send out the final release form.
Again, please accept my apologies for the delay.
****** ******

I have received NO COMMUNICATION from 1st Class Moving and Storage since returning their settlement form on Dec. 1st.

KI spoke with Mr. ****** who stated that the check was mailed to the consumer on 1/14.

02/24/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We hired 1st Class Moving Storage to move us in May of 2015. We purchased their additional insurance and cannot receive a response to our claim.
Hired 1st Class Moving Storage to move us on May 4, 2015. At that time we purchased an additional $10k insurance rider to cover any damages done during the move. There was damage to our home and possessions. We filed a claim with all required paperwork and pictures on May 22, 2015. After not hearing from them for some time, we emailed the owner, Hassan ******, on May 31 to inquire the status of the claim. He responded on June 3, 2015, stating that we should wait and they would be in touch regarding the claim. After still not hearing from him for months, we emailed again on January 3, 2016 asking that he contact us within the week. Still no response.

Payment of the claim for $3,750.00.

According to all documents including Original Bill of Lading, all services and all items were received in good conditions. The Bill of Lading even has hand written notes by the customer stating "Antonio and everyone were great! Thank you very much". This information was communicated to the customer in a claim response letter.
However, as a good customer service gesture, we just made the customer a settlement offer and we are waiting to see if it gets accepted. Thank you.

For all future correspondence, I would like 1st Class Moving Storage to ONLY use the BBB caselink option and not contact me directly.

Regarding the business response dated January 18, 2016, 1st Class Moving Storage fails to acknowledge that we purchased moving insurance coverage through them for up to $10,000.00 valuation. Prior to the move, Mr. ****** explained to me that by purchasing additional insurance I would have time to unpack and determine if any items were damaged from the move, which we thought was a good idea. Shortly after the movers left, we noticed significant damage to our washer and dryer as well as damage to an entryway door. We contacted 1st Class Moving Storage Quality Control Department regarding the damages and they provided instructions for filing Claims. Per the terms of the "Claim Instructions" document provided by 1st Class Moving Storage, all claims must be made within 30 days of the move. Our move occurred on May 4, 2015, and the claim was made on May 22, 2015, well within the 30 day time period allowed.

On May 31, 2015, I emailed Mr. ****** inquiring when we could expect a response for the Insurance Claim. On June 3, 2015, Mr. ****** wrote back: "Please allow them the time stated in the instructions of the claim to do what they need to do. We will be in touch with you within that time frame. Thank you for your patience." We never heard from 1st Class Moving Storage for over 6 months. So, we again contacted 1st Class Moving and Storage on January 3, 2016 to attempt to find out the status of the claim. Once again, we did not receive a response, so we filed the BBB Complaint.

Since we filed the complaint with the BBB, we FINALLY received an email from 1st Class Moving Storage with an offer of $150.00. This offer is totally unacceptable, and we would like to be reimbursed the claim amount of $3,750.00. We purchased the additional insurance to cover any damage done by the movers and expect to be reimbursed for our damages due to their carelessness.

We will be happy to provide copies of all email exchanges, submitted Claim Form and pictures of damages upon request.

What is meant by expecting "an extension of time" is in reply to what the customer wrote on 1/20/2016, quoted: "Prior to the move, Mr. ****** explained to me that by purchasing additional insurance I would have time to unpack and determine if any items were damaged from the move, which we thought was a good idea." This indicates a misunderstanding that purchasing additional insurance would allow additional time, which is not the case nor did we ever convey such a message. The purchase of additional coverage changes the TYPE of coverage only, as it clearly states on all of the literature that the client received, reviewed and agreed to by her signatures. Furthermore, purchasing additional insurance does not provide coverage for damage that did not happen during the move. IF damage happens during the move, IT MUST be noted on the Bill of Lading on that day, especially for such damage as one caused by forcing a washer and a dryer through a tight doorway. If I have movers or delivery personnel at my house and they force something through a tight doorway, (1) I would check the doorway and the appliances right away for any damage, (2) I would not write on their Bill of Lading how wonderful the service was. Instead, I would note that there was damage to my property and I need resolution to that. This is only common sense.
Again, our offer for damage that we did not cause is more than fair because we are paying it for doing nothing wrong and unfortunately is our final offer.
A copy of the BOL showing the above statements is attached.

1st Class Moving Storage is continuing to state that we do not have a valid claim because of the "sign-off" on the Bill of Lading at the end of the move. Anyone who has hired moving companies knows what a stressful and exhausting day it can be. We had two vans and 4 or more men working almost constantly during the 11+ hours of this move. At the end of the job, when all of the workers are done and standing around you, putting a form in front of you basically saying "sign this so we can go home" is what happened. There is no way we could observe every single piece of furniture, box, appliance or anything else every single step of the way from pickup at our old house, carry into the van, being transported to the new location, carried off of the van and put into our new home. It is totally ridiculous for 1st Class Moving Storage to indicate that by signing that document we waived any sort of claim for damages discovered even later that evening, as we did with the door and washer and dryer. Nowhere on this contract does it state that signing the form waives any claim, and we were totally led to believe that we had 30 days after the move to file any claim for damages, which we did. We do not accept their excuse for failing to take any responsibility for the damages they've cause. Their offer of $150 for our $3750 claim is not only unfair and far from reasonable, but also quite insulting. We have been very misled and taken advantage of by 1st Class Moving Storage. We will not only "not recommend", but do everything we can to let our friends, neighbors and coworkers know to "never use" 1st Class Moving Storage! In addition, we are looking into the process of filing a claim against 1st Class Moving Storage with State of ******* Consumer Protection to help prevent other customers from being taken advantage of in the same manner.

05/12/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The move was scheduled 2pm July 29, 2014. New owners would have the keys on July 30th. One hour in, I was informed the move would be more time and money than estimated. I was chastised by the company phone rep for not complying with my contract. The move continued, with a few minor scrapes to the walls and floors, until the larger furniture had to be moved. After causing major damage to the walls, ceiling, stairwell, railing and unable to move the armoire any further down the staircase (stuck), I called in private additional help to alleviate my stress. The moving teams lead took pictures. I was not able to. Starting approximately 7:30PM, my contractor assisted with the move of the stuck furniture and continued to provide guidance to the movers to get back on track. The move was completed. I paid 1st Class Moving Storage the contractual and additional requested fees, immediately and without any objections. Overnight, the contractor repaired the damages identified to the stairwell walls, ceiling, closet and railings. Different paint types and colors were required to complete the work. For the SIGNIFICANT WORK PERFORMED OVERNIGHT, I paid this contractor, in cash, on July 30th. The claim for the costs paid to the contractor was submitted within the timeframe and as per the contract. All details of work performed and receipt was provided. Approximately one month later, I began follow-up. Upon speaking with Mr. ****** ******, he was boisterous and antagonistic. There was a problem with my paying cash to the contractor. This from a company who pushed to be paid in cash. After months, they agreed to re-pay less than half the contractor's fees. In December, I agreed to a little more, in order to move on. The end of January, after more follow-up, I was advised the check for $300 was sent to the storage company. In February, I spoke to Mr. ****** who took my PO Box address again. Though I was told the check was in the mail, it is almost April 2015. I am still waiting.
Account_Number: ****

I deserve full reimbursement of $575. After 8 months, they have earned interest on what they actually owe me. This reimbursement includes not only to correct their poor service performance but also poor customer service practices. The stressful move from my home of 21 years into storage was highlighted by the actions and lack of responsibility of this company. After speaking with Mr. ******, I informed him, we would only communicate by writing but later had to call. Please help! Thank you.

Dear Sir/Madam,
The move was scheduled to start between 1 and 3 PM and the movers arrived promptly at 2 PM. Without ever informing us in advance, the customer did not have everything packed and ready to go as she was supposed to. So she asked the movers if they can finish the packing. The crew was not 100% prepared for this surprise but they did their best. Of course in this situation we asked the customer to sign agreeing that the additional packing and materials needed were not included in the original estimate and they would be added on the basis of time and material and she was asked to initial that; this is what she refers to as harassment which is simply done to make sure that everything is done in writing to eliminate any chances of misunderstandings at the end of the job. As for the damage, there were 2 VERY minor scratches on the wall that we have our own licensed contractors that take care of these matters. Instead, she hired an unlicensed person (we searched his name and company name) to do the work and she alleged that she paid him $575 in cash for something that should take about 30 minutes to do. This was done without ever asking us how to handle the scratches. As for cash payments, we do accept, not push for, cash payments as well as checks and credit cards. She made her payment by check and a copy of the check is available if needed. As for the final payment of the claim, a check was mailed to the address she provided on 2/28/2015, check ****** If that P O Box belongs to her than this check should be in her possession. A copy of the check stub is attached; we did not keep a copy of the actual check. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any further information or documents and we will be happy to supply it. Thank you.

I absolutely do not accept the response. Most of it is ridiculous. Refer to my initial claim statement. I was there, in person. My statement stands. The movers were quite nice, with professional manners but that does not take away the fact that significant damage was done. The only discussion with the team lead about the damage was that I can file a claim. I did not mention the fact that my armoire is damaged and requires professional repair but I want to finish this business and move on. I did accept the offer of $300 but since I never received it, I believed I could get the actual claim paid through this venue. Otherwise, I am still waiting for the agreed upon remuneration, 9 months later. Is this customer service? My P.O. Box is now closed as of April 9, 2015. I have not received a check from this company to this post office. I have not cashed any check from 1st Class Moving Storage. I will gladly pick up a check from their Elkridge MD office, if I can pick it up before 8A, between 5:15-5:45PM (Monday-Friday) or on the weekend. Thank you.

11/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

1st Class stored my household goods for 18 months. When my household goods were delivered boxes were missing and furniture was missing. Furniture was eventually found but not boxes. Some furniture/household goods were damaged. A lamp was stolen from my premises by one of the movers. I filed a claim July 18, 2014. Have heard nothing. I have written Mr. ****** President, and he refuses to respond.

I want my claim taken care of so that I can purchase missing items and get damaged goods fixed or replaced.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This claim was received on 7/18/2014. It was acknowledged and issued a claim no. on 8/22/2014 and finalized on 9/5/2014. We are currently waiting for the signed Final Release form before payment can be issued. We are mailing another copy of the final resolution and Final Release form today. Copies of documents are attached. Thank you.

First I never received the letter. Twice after 9/5 (on 9/16 and 9/29) I asked about my claim. If the letter had been sent you would assume they would have told me at that time that a letter had been sent. They did NOT. Since the lamp was stolen by the delivery men the day my household good were delivered, I have to assume that the boxes were also stolen. I will be contacting a lawyer about filing charges for the thief of my household goods.

Everyone knows that the movers were instructed to take the broken item to be repaired and brought back to you. However, when you told them not to take it, they brought it back to you. Otherwise, who would want to steal a broken item? Our offer to settle your claim is still valid and we hope you consider it because we believe it is a fair settlement of this claim. Thank you.

I will be taking this matter to criminal court. The lamp was taken without my knowledge. Only when I spoke to ***, the warehouse manager, about it no longer being in my home was there acknowledgement about it being taken without my knowledge or permission. Again removing something from someone's home WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE is stealing. I have to assume the movers (or *** in the warehouse since he was responsible for the boxes) took the boxes since 1st Class does not have them and I do not have them. They were in in the possession of 1St Class (***/warehouse). Then the movers and never delivered. I will be sending a letter to 1st Class requesting the names of the movers and ***'s last name so that I can proceed with legal action regarding the theft of my household goods. I too don't know why someone would steal a broken lamp or boxes of used household goods, but someone at 1st Class DID. Only they (the movers or *** the warehouse manager who oversaw the loading of the goods) can tell you why they would do that. Those would be the people who had possession of my household goods and thus stole them.

09/27/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

1. 1st Class moving company damage our hard wood floors durihg the move into our new home and we have not heard from them.2. They also damage our master bedroom suite while trying to put it back together, they crack the head board.

We would like for them to repair or replace the damaged items.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Until we received this complaint from the BBB, we had no record of any damage that occurred during this move. Mr ******* never called us to report this damage. We just mailed him a claim package so a claim can be submitted in connection with this move. Please note that until we have a formal claim filed, we cannot do anything because we do not have enough information to know how to handle this claim. As soon as we receive the claim from Mr ******** we will start working on it right away.
****** ******

Movers, Moving Assistance - Packing, Unpacking, Organizing, Moving Supplies, Moving & Storage Company, Movers - Office, Relocation Service