BBB Accredited Business since 10/03/2011

Rideau Motor Inn, LLC

09/01/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I booked 7 days at this hotel in a large Oceanfront room, for July 21 -28. They messed up reservation and it just got worse from there.
My reservation was from July 21-28, 2014, at the Rideau Motor Inn for a Large Oceanfront room. When I arrived they had switched my reservation to the week before....even though I had called the week before to confirm my reservation. The room they put us in the first four nights was NOT an Large oceanfront(room 110). It reeked of Urine, there was no Wi-Fi(as promised), mattress' springs were coming up through, floors were so filthy turned our feet black, Ice machine broken the whole week, no water pressure, exposed wire outlet Where AC was plugged in. The second room(102) they moved us to due to their error in reservations for the next 3 nights was extremely small, had 3 outlets in the room(which you could not get to), Beds were small(doubles),they provided a cot to accommodate the other member of my family, room appeared to be foremer storage room. The charged us $179 a night plus tax for this room. All complaints were met with attitude, rudeness, and no concern for guest comfort. Staff was indignant and snippy and refused to even get us in contact with the owner. I was then told by **************** that when she spoke to the owner, the owners response was "take it or Leave it". Again no water pressure in second room either. Had to pay $30 for wifi that did not work, for my sons business. Was uncomfortable, miserable and no type of vacation. I feel like I didn't even go vacation...was more like work.

At very least Partial refund, and a massive apology.

On July 21st, ****** ******** came in to our office to check in. The only reservation I found for her was arriving one week prior on July 14th. When I explained this to her, she became irate telling me that she had called and changed the dates to July 21st. I explained to her that although we were very busy, I would do my best to keep her in an ocean front room as she had originally requested. Also, if she had a confirmation letter of the changed dates and this was our mistake, I would discount her stay greatly. She never produced such documentation. I also took the deposit form her original reservation that she did not show up for and applied it to the new reservation, which I did not have to do. After Ms. ******** screamed at me about how her six year old was dying of heat stroke in the car (implying that it was my fault for taking too long) I gave her the keys to the room without taking any money from her so her family would be more comfortable, which I also did not have to do. I apologized profusely for not having the reservation and did my very best to keep Ms. ******** and her family comfortable. Her husband actually turned around and thanked me for my help. I am sincerely offended that she is claiming such rudeness from everyone.

In conclusion, I feel that I did everything in my power to help Ms. ******** after she made the mistake of mixing up her dates. She was welcome to leave without having to pay anything, and she chose to stay for 7 days on her own free will. I do not feel that any money should be given back, and as I stated, I have already apologized to her in person. Also, I would like to state that Ms. ******** will not be welcome back as I have put her on our "undesirable guest" list because of the profanity she screamed at me upon checking out.

Motels, Vacation Rentals