BBB Accredited Business since 09/22/2009

Amazing Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

04/13/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I find myself in a much worse circumstance after Amazing Heating and Air Condition worked on my home.
I found Amazing Heating and Air Condition when visiting the BBB webpage with an A+ rating. So I had them come out assess the job and gave me one estimate to convert my home from oil to gas. The estimate was to include running a gas line from my already existing gas meter already located in the basement and modifying my steam boiler to work with gas. On February 2, 2014 Amazing Heating came and did the work, the total cost was $3,275.00 with a 2 year warranty.
On December 30th 2014 while I was at work I received a call from my children, in panic, saying that smoke filled the basement, the smoke alarms were going off and there was a strong odor of rotten eggs. I immediately called Amazing Heating, a serviceman sent out the next day. He found that carbon monoxide was coming from the boiler as a result of it not being sealed properly when the modifications were made. The serviceman then called into the office to check and see if repairs would be covered under the warranty and was told that they were not. It would cost $410.00. That Friday I decided to call the company to see if I could get an explanation to why the repairs were not covered under the warranty. I had explained to the customer service rep what had taken place, while on the phone she contacted a supervisor and after reviewing the work order he determined that the repairs should have been covered under the warranty and that I would not be charged for the work.
During the following weeks I had a series of phone calls back and forth with Amazing Heating, the first call I received from Amazing Heating questioning why the charges for the sealing repairs had not been paid. I explained my conversation with their CSR and Supervisor and explained the supervisor findings that the repairs should have been covered under the warranty but I asked if she could please give me a call me back to confirm...I never received the call back.
About a week later I realized my house had not been heating up properly since the sealing work had been done. So I called Amazing Heating and was explained that if they sent someone one out for repairs those charges would definitely would not be covered under the warranty...during that same call I ask the CSR if she had found any information regarding the $410.00, she said she had found the notes to confirm the work being covered by the warranty.
On February 17, I woke to an extremely cold house, my radiators were ice cold, I went down the basement to find water pouring from my boiler and my basement flooded. Amazing Heating first sent a serviceman out who determined that the boiler had cracked. During his visit he mentioned that $410.00 still showed as being owed. Because the boiler was crack no repairs could be made but he explained a comfort specialist would come by later to talk with me. When the comfort specialist arrive he checked out the boiler explained that repairs could not be made and gave me an estimate for a new boiler. With only 5 months of actual use of my heat (no use during the spring, summer and some fall months) after the conversion...understandably I am extremely livid. Not to mention my having to endure weeks of record artic temperatures we had this February.
For the last few weeks I have made numerous attempts to contact the owner of the company to resolve this issue with no success...not one call back.

I'm not asking for the whole amount back but would like a $2,500.00 refund.

I am deeply sorry about Ms. ******'s unfortunate circumstance. Ms. ****** is a very nice person and we are and were glad to help her. We did convert the oil boiler to gas last winter and all of the parts we install are covered under our 2 year warranty. We normally perform the conversion burner for approximately $4000 depending on the installation but we understood the situation Ms. ****** was in and that she need heat. We reduced the price in order for her to be able to perform the conversion upon the initial install to $3276.
We did go out on 12/31/14 and found the combustion chamber had partially collapsed and our technician was able to temporarily mend it. We did not install the combustion chamber with the conversion but again to help Ms. ****** our manager after reviewing the paperwork and his familiarity with her installation decided to replace at our expense again to help her, not because it was "under warranty". There was some disconnect of the conversations because we had one of our customer service representatives who had the conversation with Ms. ****** and our service manager had to go immediately to California to her dying father. She did not contact Ms. ****** as planned. Another customer service representative spoke with Ms. ****** when she called and found our Manager's notes and then relayed the information to Ms. ******. We ordered the parts directly from the original manufacturer and it took approximately one month to receive it.
The boiler had failed and started leaking water so we sent our Comfort Specialist out to look at a solution. On 2/20/15 we offered a credit to Ms. ****** of $2000 towards a new boiler without being asked to compensate her from anyone again out of the kindness of our heart. We would have supplied her with electric heaters if she would have agreed to the installation for temporary use until we install the boiler but it was not accepted at that time. Since the quote was provided I have not received any messages from Ms. ****** that I am aware of.
If Ms. ****** would be happy with $2500 discount I would be happy to offer it to her! Please let me know if she will accept it!!

06/04/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

After collecting $182.00 in the form of a check (electronically) for lighting my gas furnace pilot on 3/18/14 they put it through again on 4/8 + $35
This company used deceptive practice to charge me $182.00 for light my furnace pilot light on 3/17/14. Instead of giving me an estimate, the tech - (who's ripped me off before with a different company) looked at my furnace light the pilot and said: I'm going to have to charge you" Expecting to pay the $99 service visit fee- I was shocked to see the tech ***** )return to my front door after sitting in his van for 20 minutes with a bill for $182.00. I wrote the check and thought that was the end of it. After collecting the $182.00 fee in the form of a check (electronically) for lighting my gas furnace pilot on 3/18/14 they put it through again on 4/8/2014 and an additional $35.00. When i call to complain a very rude girl named ****** told me that the $35.00 charge was from my bank. I called my bank ***** ******** and they confirmed that Amazing Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc used an electronic charge to attempt to collect twice on this bill plus add an additional $35.00. The additional attempt to collect $35.00 shows malice and criminal intent because they had no reason to claim this was a mistake.

This company should refund BOTH charges and the $35.00 they stole from my bank account.

Fraud!

We have a residential diagnostic fee of $99 which was agreed to before we came out. We diagnosed the system and offered the service and repair. He agreed to the repair and the technician performed the repair. After the service was performed the check was deposited by the operations manager, ****** electronically (E-Check) first and the funds were available. The Book keeper accidentally deposited the check when it make it to her a second time the standard way. His funds were overdrawn and that is the addition $35 he talks about. It was his bank that charged the overdraft fee which we discussed with him although he was determined it was our fee. His bank would not reverse the charges which is understandable. We wrote a check for the entire amount including $182 for the accidental second withdraw of his service fee + $35 for the bounced check fee and we sent a driver to his house and hand delivered the check to him as soon as it was brought to our attention so he would not be inconvenienced any further. Later we found out the funds for the second check was not available. Technically we have paid $35 to perform his service. We are still waiting for the second check to clear so we can be paid for the original service.

This account of what transpired is completely false. The "technician" never presented me with a repair quote. This is because there was nothing to repair. He lit the pilot then presented me with the bill. $182.
I NEVER bounced a check with this "company" and the $35.00 free WAS a charge applied by Amazing Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. This is plainly stated on my account and verified by my bank. Whats more incriminating is that Amazing Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. will not admit they added that charge which speaks to their fraudulent intentions. The origin of this charge is not up for debate. It's easily verified by my bank and Maryland State Banking Authorities. The woman who I spoke to in their accounting department (Amazing Air) admitted that they have erroneously charged this about before. My bank told me they do this to make the charge LOOK like an overdraft fee. My bank also advised that they will not honor any payment to this company in any form as a result of their fraud investigation.
If Amazing Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. attempts to access my account again, my bank and I will escalate this matter to the fraud division of the Maryland State Attorney's office and the Maryland Board of Plumbing.

01/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Amazing heating and air was paid in full to flush my radiators and add four new values $536 They put on four valves, did not flush but charged $536
Amazing Heating put on the four new valve in just ten minutes then said that they could not flush my radiators because my water line was blocked. So I give the service man $268 not knowing my wife had already give Amazing Heating $268 to start the work. Amazing Heating refuses to return my payment saying that those four valves which cost two dollars each at home depot and only took ten minutes to screw on cost $536 which is the total the job should have been.

return of the second $268 check.

We had called Mr. ****** the day prior to his complaint to come back out and see how we could remove the blockage and return his $103 to reconcile the difference. We left a message on his phone but we did not receive a return phone call nor hear from him until this complaint. We have some primary repairs and after the first valve he should have received secondary repair pricing for the three valves following. Our tech had gotten approval for the $536 prior to leaving to purchase the parts and returning with them so technically we were owed the entire amount that they approved although we caught the mispricing and contacted him to reconcile the difference. He did not pay twice nor overpay like he thinks he did. He paid exactly what was agreed upon and we have the signed paperwork stating Mrs. ****** agreed to the repairs. We only wanted to do what was honest and that was why we contacted him.

Since then we have discussed the repair and Mr. ****** was very nice to let me explain the sequence of events. I offered to come out and see what we could do to remove the blockage but Mr. ****** informed me that the blockage had since cleared itself. I was happy to hear it and informed him that we are sending him a check for the difference. He was pleased and I feel that everything has been reconciled.

Heating & Air Conditioning, Furnace Cleaning, Humidifying Apparatus, Air Duct Cleaning, Duct Cleaning, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Quality Service, Dehumidifying Equipment, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Geothermal Heating & Cooling, Heating Contractors, Heat Pumps