BBB Accredited Business since 10/24/2003

Accurate Air Mechanical Services, Inc.

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

10/31/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Hired Accurate Air to install duct work and gas heat in our home. Company did not pull permits and would not come back to finish the job.
We hired Accurate Air on August 26,2014 to install duct work and hook up our natural gas line. **** ****** came out that day to go over how they were going to install the duct work. Everything was going great the first week and work was very good. The second week that they were here, work started to be rushed and become very sloppy. On Friday, September 5,2014, I contacted Harford County Permit department to make sure that all permits were pulled. The only permit that they pulled was for the plumbing. We had the inspector come out and they shut down the operation. **** ****** did obtain a permit on Friday September 5th but after the inspector came out. They emailed us indicating that Harford County must have changed their policy because before they got permits after work was complete. We tried to reach out to **** ****** by phone and by email. The only respond that we got was thru email telling us that he was not going to finish the job and that we had to find another contractor to finish the job. We told him that since he left the job, he could come back and remove all equipment and that we wanted 100% of our money back. He refused, so we let our credit card company ****** ****** know that our contractor left the job. We have had several companies come out to our home to give us estimates on finishing the job and they all have said that the dust work will not pass *********** We are currently waiting to hear from the inspector on when he can come out and look over the work that is already installed. We currently have no heat and it is starting to get cool and we have a toddler in the home. We wanted to resolve this issue with him but he is refusing calling all of our request (talking to him about the work that is completed) unreasonable.

We are seeking a full refund of the money that we have put out for this project.

We worked very patiently with this customer trying to satisfy all of their request but from the start of the job this customer was asking for work to be done that was never part of the original proposed scope of work and most of which was unreasonable. It was clear that there was nothing that we could do to make this customer happy. All permits were pulled for this job, the Mechanical permit was pulled during the project rather than before the start of the project do to a server crash preventing us to access the customers load calculation file which was required to pull the permit.
All work was completed in a quality workmanship manor and per local codes. The job was completed with the exception of the start up of the equipment and gas line installation which was subcontracted. The Plumbing contractor that we hired to install the gas line even refused to do the work and left the job due to requests that were being made by the customer that was not part of the original scope of work.
While the customer is requesting 100% of the job refunded, they still have an unpaid balance which we have not requested to collect. We have offered to remove the equipment and materials for the job and refund the customer 100% of the value of the equipment and materials but informed the customer that we could not refund 100% of the job cost because a large part of the job was labor to "rough-in" the house. If we were to refund 100% of the job cost the customer would be left with most of the work for the HVAC system completed for free. We have also offered to the customer to provide us with some estimates from other contractors to finish the job and we would gladly pay for it, this also was not a desirable resolution for the customer.
I truly feel bad for this customer but we did not want to continue work knowing we could not satisfy her. I thought it would be best to not to send my employees back to this customers home out of fear of false accusations and liability purposes. At this point I do not believe we can offer the customer anything further to resolve this complaint. We feel we have been very fair to her and have tried to make things right.

05/08/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Had humidistat replaced which was under warranty but was billed for replacement. Called company and they said they would send out a check for $89.66. Waited a week still no refund, called office they will have someone ( I forget the name they gave me) call, no call. Waited another week and called again , I was told the person handling it was out of the office and they would call back, no call. Another week passed and I call only to find out that now she is away on business. They did call back to let me know that she was aware of the problem. A week has passed and still no refund, a total of four weeks trying to get back what they overcharged me for.

Refund for $89.66

On 3/17/2014 Accurate Air completed a warranty repair for an ********* *** Humidifier. The humidistat was found to be defective. When Ms. ******** called my dispatcher advised him that we had to send the humidistat back for credit prior to sending him his refund. This process generally takes about 8 weeks to complete. We have not received the credit from ********* but I did cut Mr. ******** a check on 5/2/2014 and it was mailed on 5/3/2014.

I was never informed about having to send the humidistat back for credit prior to receiving a refund. The service tech was not going to take the old humidistat with him till I stated I had no use for it.
I did receive the refund check on 5/6/14.
Thank you for your assistance in obtaining this long overdue refund.
My business with this company is over.

Heating & Air Conditioning, Humidifying Apparatus, Heating Equipment & Systems Cleaning & Repair, Air Conditioning Repair, Dehumidifying Equipment, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Heating Contractors, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems