Baltimore Washington Auto Outlet

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

08/28/2013Delivery Issues
01/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Dealer misrepresentation, Trade in misrepresentations, Dealer misconduct, Dealer misleading
On 10/32/2012 while at BALTIMORE WASHINGTON AUTO OUTLET, The finance manager asked me and my wife have we ever thought about refinancing our truck for a lower truck note. So we asked him how much lower would the truck note be and what was the catch. The finance manager said the truck note would be lowered about 50 dollars. And we would have to pay for a extra year. So we agreed, the finance manager showed us the paper with new amount on it and first payment date me and wife never thought that anything funny and we already knew that the truck was and the truck was already tagged and we already purchased the truck on 3/2011 at the *** DEALER. So about 9 or 10 months later the refinance company called us because our truck note was late and asked us to verified the year make and model and were did we purchase the truck from, so when we told the refinance company where we purchased our truck from they said the information did not match there records. so we responded WE PURCHASED OUR TRUCK 3/2011 AT *** DEALER AND ALL YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE WAS THE REFINANCE COMPANY. THEY RESPONDED we don't REFINANCE. I drop the phone so we started looking for the contract paper. O.M.G. We couldn't believe our eyes Baltimore Washington Auto Outlet put on our contract papers that we traded in a 2005 Nissan Maxima and purchased our truck from them and also charge us sell tax and tags and title fees. I would never recommend anyone to them.

WE WANT TO BE REFUNDED BACK $5000.00 DOLLARS
THIS INCLUDES THE AMOUNT THEY OVERCHARGE US FOR OUR TRUCK AND SALES TAX AND TAGS AND TITLE FEES.

05/12/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Requested refund in February 2014 and have not received anything to date.
On or about February 2013, I was going to purchase an ******* As a good-faith effort, I paid a security deposit of $1500.00. I left BW Auto Outlet with the ****** and was under the impression that I would be the owner. Shortly thereafter, BW Auto Outlet asked me to return the vehicle and I complied.

I am requesting a refund of my security deposit from that transaction. I would also like to note that the poor communication and management skills. For example, I would call the company and be placed on hold for long periods of time such as an hour. At that point, I would hang up and phone the company again only to be told that the person to whom I needed to speak with was unavailable.

$1500 plus $200 for interest and pain and suffering