Carpet and Rug Cleaners
If you are considering hiring a carpet and rug cleaning company, read the contract carefully. Be sure you understand all aspects of the terms and exactly how much the work will cost. Ask the following questions:
1. Are the halls and closets considered part of a room?
2. Does the company use household water or power sources, or do they use their own water?
3. What type of cleaning equipment is used and are employees properly trained on the equipment?
4. Make sure any warranties or guarantees appear in the contract and check to see if the company is licensed and bonded, if required in you area.
5. Ask to see a list of (5-7) local references, and then contact some of them to see if they were satisfied with the provided service.
Once hired, request that the company test the cleaning method on an unseen section of the carpet. Identify the source of stains when possible so that the company may use special stain removers. Be sure you understand the company's instructions and ask when furniture can be place back on the carpet.