Dependable Building Solutions

01/23/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Improper exterior painting of my house.

In April 2014 this business was hired to paint the exterior of my house. In July 2014 the paint began to chip away from the house. I called the business owner to inform him of the chipping of the paint and he stated he would send someone over to correct this problem. No one came to fix the problem. Two weeks later I called him again, and again he stated he would send someone to repair the painting. Again no one came. Two weeks later I called him again, and he stated he was out of town but he would send someone. Again no one came. Three weeks later I call him again and he stated he was out of town, but was coming to EL Paso on the following Thursday and he would come by to fix the issue. He did not come by on that Thursday or the weekend. Three weeks later, I called him again and he stated he thought the job was completed. When I informed him no one had fixed the paint job he stated he was "out of the country in Canada". He stated he was going to contact the painters and call me back. He did call back the following day stating he had spoke with one of the painters and they were going to go by the weekend of 26 September 2014. Again, no on came. On Monday, 29 September 2014 I contact him again and he stated he was going to be in EL Paso on Wednesday, 01 October and would come by that evening. On Wednesday, 01 October 2014 I received a text message stating he was not going to make it due to airline delay, but he would stop by on 02 October 2014 to fix the issue. On 02 October 2014 I did not go to work in order to be at home when he arrived. At noon I sent him a text message asking what time he was going to come by the house. I did not receive a message or call back. Again no one came by the house today, 02 October 2014 and I missed a day of work.

Re-paint the exterior portions of the house that the paint has chipped, or refund for work done improperly.

Business Response /* ****** *** 2014/10/24) */
Ms *********

I called into your office and spoke with Ms ****** about this matter and she said you were going to get a hold of me. I am doing work out of state right now in North Dakota but at the time of Ms ******* trying to contact me I was working in********, ****** and had limited phone service but would call Ms ******* explaining what I was trying to get accomplished while working out here.
My employee had already been to the residence and explained the situation to me which was the paint on the 2" drip edge in different location not all over. I than called Ms ******* letting here know I would be in town to review it for myself. My international flight was late arriving in Denver which delayed me getting in early the Wednesday I told customer I would be there. I text explaining my situation and went out the next day to review.
Paint was obviously not performing as it should so I contacted ******* ******** and explained this matter so a field representative could evaluate the product. I called and talked to Ms ******* explaining what would be taking place.
I am 100% behind my workmanship and when I spoke with climate I let her know that i felt this was product failure but if representative stated different we would resolve problem.
I have been contacted that I could pick up replacement product at no cost so I just need to get back in town to complete this matter.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Consumer Response /* ****** *** 2014/10/27) */
As of this date, 27 October 2014, the situation has not been resolved. This has been an ongoing issue since July and we are now in October without resolution. My thought is the business is dragging their feet to avoid resolving the issue. The bottom line is the problem is still not resolved.

Office Furniture & Equipment-Installation