In El Paso, TX

Casa Ford Inc

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

08/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage

Complaint: left my vehicle at Casa Ford with A/C not working and got it back not working and was worse. They wanted to charge me more so they can look at it.
left at casa ford 7/23/13 a/c not working 2005 Ford Expedition; Sales Rep Payment Amount:$308.78; A/C not working asked if it can be fixed they said yes and only did a diagnostic repair and charged me $308.78 when i got it back it stopped working called Sales rep and he said they would fix it but it would cost me more because now they would have to repair it since they only did a diagnostic. I told him that you charge me for just freon and to look at it and now you want more to fix it. I went to you guys because your the dealer and have the parts why deal with other auto shops. But he insisted that that's how much it was just for a diagnostic and not repair. I told my husband to please call him and talk to him. He did and sales rep told him the same thing. Nothing was done to my truck except just adding freon and some black dye to see if there was a leak. They said there was no leak. Instead I took it with my father to take it with another mechanic and within a few hours my A/C was fixed with zero problems and did not cost me $308.78. I specifically told rep that their is a leak somewhere even when my A/C did get cold it wasn't blowing cold air like it was suppose to. I feel they did not listen to what I was saying about my A/C and just put freon in the truck and let it go and charge me that much. I trusted their services and was not happy at all. They would not at least charge me less for that. I was robbed blindly and I will never see that money again. I could of easily spent that money with the second mechanic and still had extra in my pocket. Ridiculous prices for labor, freon and black dye. No leak was detected but again second mechanic found it within ten minutes. Casa Ford took almost three days to look at it and still no leak. This is laziness and stealing my money!

We charged the vehicle with black dye in order to be able to detect a leak(s) in the a/c system. At the time the vehicle was in our repair shop we did not detect a leak in the system. We advised the customer that while a leak was not evident at this time that over the next one-two weeks the dye could reveal the location of a leak. The customer did not return to Casa for the advised subsequent re-evaluation. Because of the dye we injected this allowed the second shop to quickly find the leak. We do not feel that we should have to refund the monies paid for the services we performed. If the customer had returned to us we could have easily repaired the leak at that time.

06/24/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue

Complaint: Went in to get window fixed, left with a broken tail light.
Had an apointment to get my window fixed, 6 Jun 2013 at 0900, my POC (Point Of Contact). About an hour after I got there, he brought me an estimate of charges for the window as well as a breakdown of all other items that needed to be serviced on my vehicle including my liftgate. I asked for just my window to be fixed today. My window was fixed, I paid and went out to get my car. The man who brought my car up opened my rear-driver's side door so I could put my infant son in, but the car seat base is on the other side so I went around back to the passenger side and noticed my right rear tail light was cracked. POC came over and went to get the service manager who proceeded to take out a small flash light. He shined the light on my tail light and looked in and said that the damage had been there a while because "there is dirt in it". My tail light was not broken before I went in there and nowhere in my $2000 repair estimate that I was given by POC did it mention a broken tail light repair. The service manager told POC that they could help me with the repair, but did no take responsibility for the damage. I was so furious at that point, that I just left. I could see that I was not going to get anywhere with them.

We have contacted the customer and have scheduled an appointment for Saturday, June 22, to replace the cracked tail light at no cost to her. We apologize for the inconvenience and believe that this will resolve this matter to the customer's satisfaction.

04/28/2014Problems with Product / Service