To nominate, go to the main page of: www.spokane.bbb.org
At the "Announcements" Section, Click "2009 Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics" which will take you to Nomination and Application Forms and give you further details to help you submit.
BBB Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics recognizes businesses of their superior commitment to exceptional standards benefiting their customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and surrounding communities. This award honors actions, programs, or sustainment activities that significantly and positively contribute to advancing trust in the marketplace.
The award process crescendos at the Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics award ceremony, held in February of each year. At this ceremony, awards are presented, highlighted by video presentations showcasing the winners' businesses and achievements.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: October 15, 2008
ENTRY APPLICATION PACKAGE DEADLINE: Due to BBB Office by December 20, 2008
HOW TO NOMINATE AND ENTER:
1. Submit a nomination form on or before the nomination deadline. Second party and self nominations are accepted. The nomination form can be faxed to 509-838-1079 or can be mailed to BBB, 152 S. Jefferson Suite 200 Spokane, WA 99201.
2. Nominees must be in good standing with the BBB; however, accreditation with the BBB is not a requirement. The business must be free from any evidence that it does not meet its financial obligations.
3. Nominees need to submit an entry application package on or before the application deadline.
4. Review the judging criteria award guidelines before preparing and submitting your entry application package.
5. There is no fee required to submit an entry application at the local level.
6. Entry applications are due December 20, 2008.
7. Winners for all categories will be announced mid-January, 2009.
8. Video filming arrangements will be made following the winners announcement. Please anticipate and allow time for crews to conduct site filming and on-camera interviews.
9. The Torch Award Presentation Ceremony will be held in late February, 2009.
SEND APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS TO:
· Entries may be sent to the Better Business Bureau, Attn: Jan Quintrall, 152 S Jefferson, Ste 200, Spokane, Washington, 99201.
· Enclose a self-addressed stamped postcard if you would like us to acknowledge receipt of your entry.
Who were this year's winners?
The 2008 Winners (based on size of company) were:
Clinkerdagger, The Davenport Hotel and Tower, First Step Internet, LLC, Jerry's Auto Repair and REI
The 2008 Honorable Mentions were:
Fidelity Associates Insurance & Financial Services , Garco Construction, Inc. and Itron, Inc.