This business is not BBB accredited.
Countrywide Periodicals LLCAdditional Locations
Phone: (406) 961-1300 737 US Highway 93 N, Hamilton, MT 59840
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company is a telemarketing magazine subscription agent that conducts the sale of magazine subscriptions via telephone for various publishers.
View Business Review Inquiries
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for Countrywide Periodicals LLC include:
- 273 complaint(s) filed against business
Factors that raised the rating for Countrywide Periodicals LLC include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Response to 273 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||82|
|Total Closed Complaints||273|
Additional Complaint Information
BBB files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints concerning:
- Consumers stated that were under the belief they were going to be billed every 2nd, 3rd or 4th month of the service when actual service charges occur monthly and were for 4 months of service at a time;
- Consumers stated they were not provided a phone number to contact the business or were unable to reach a representative at the number given due to voicemail being full or phone number being disconnected;
- Consumers stated that they believed they had signed up for a less expensive service than what was actually purchased, specifically consumers stated they believed they were signing up for a service costing roughly $3.83 per week;
- Consumers reported they did not receive the products in a timely manner stating it took longer than 8 - 10 weeks of purchase to receive anything if they received anything;
- Consumers stated that they understood they could cancel their service at anytime without penalty when in fact they reported the business later gave them only 3 days to cancel the service; and
- Consumers reported they did not receive the welcome packet which included the service agreement, terms and conditions.
Countrywide Periodicals has responded to BBB regarding these patterns of complaints. This business stated that they have done the following to address these patterns of complaints:
- Changed parts of their sales and verification scripts to clarify how often and how much consumers are billed for the service; and
- Hire an additional customer service agent to ensure consumers are able to reach a representative at the phone number provided.
Consumers having similar experiences with this business may also contact the Federal Trade Commission and/or their state attorney general's office.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||8|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Montana Secretary of State
State Capital 2nd Floor Room 260, Helena MT 59601
Phone Number: 406-444-2034
Business ManagementMr. Bryce Egglestom, General Manager Mr. Jason Ellsworth, President and Director Ms. Dawn Hall, Compliance Officer (Former) Ms. Tammy Humble, Compliance Officer
Magazines - Dealers
Alternate Business NamesAmerican Readers Service Countrywide Periodicals, Inc. JWE ENTERPRISES, Inc Old West Publications Periodicals Reader Services Reader's Services Time 2 Read U.S. Magazine Services United States Magazine Service US Magazine Services Your Magazine Provider, Inc.
The following Government Agency(s) or Association(s) may be able to provide you additional information:
Federal Trade Commission do not call Registry Phone Number: (888) 382-1222 www.donotcall.gov
U.S. Federal Trade Commission One Bowling Green, New York NY 10004 http://www.ftc.gov