BBB Accredited Business since
1 of 1 images | See All Images >>
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Fast, friendly, 24-HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICE on all heating & cooling systems. High-quality CUSTOM INSTALLATIONS of furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps. Serving Spokane for over 26 years. FREE ESTIMATES GLADLY ON ALL INSTALLATIONS
Request a Quote
View Business Review Inquiries
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Air Control Spokane meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Air Control Spokane include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
- Response to 1 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding
or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain
any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Washington Secretary of State, Corporations Divison
801 Capitol Way South, P.O. Box 40234, Olympia WA 98504-0234
Phone Number: 360-753-7115
Fax Number: 360-664-8781
Department of Labor and Industries WA State
901 N Monroe St Ste 100, Spokane WA 99201
Phone Number: (509) 324-2600
Department of Revenue Washington State
Department of Revenue ( Public Records Division), PO Box 47478, Olympia WA 98504-7477
Phone Number: 800-647-7706
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Max Johnston, President/Owner Ms. Rebecca Chateaubriand, Vice President
Heating & Air Conditioning Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning Duct Cleaning Heating Equipment & Systems Cleaning & Repair Lighting Fixtures - Repair & Maintenance Boilers - New & Used Boilers - Supplies & Parts Heating Equipment Refrigeration Equipment - Commercial - Sales & Service Refrigeration Equipment - Supplies & Parts Air Duct Cleaning Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial Boilers - Sales & Service Air Balancing Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems Boilers - Repair & Cleaning Electricians Heat Pumps Heating Contractors
Alternate Business NamesAir Control Heating and Air Conditioning Air Control Heating and Electric, Inc
7203 E Nora Ave
Spokane Valley, WA 99212 (509) 924-0018 Directions
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known government actions that are relevant to the business's marketplace dealings with the public.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (208) 667-4155(Phone)
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: I bought a house that came with a one year warranty on the heater and appliances. The Heater was bad and Air Control replaced it. They were told by the insurance Company to replace it with 80,000 btu. But instead Air Control replaced it with a 70,000 btu and the out put was 3,000 less then the old heater. Air Control then told me that they were instructed to replace it with a 70,000 btu heater. After calling the insurance company, they stated no they told Air Control to replace it with an 80,000btu. Air Control then convinced the insurance company that it was the same. Now it takes longer and cost more to heat the house because the heat runs a lot longer. Air Control can not be trusted. I will never use Air Control again. *****
Desired Settlement: Replace with a 80,000 btu Heater
1. Mr. ******** came to us via American Home Shield Ins. 2. American Home Shield asked us to go out and assess Mr. ********'s furnace due to a No Heat call. It was determined that it had to be replaced due to a hole in the top left of the first cell of the Heat Exchanger. This was causing combustion gases to dump from the draft hood. 3. The Service Tech, upon reporting the findings to American Home Shield was asked for the model and serial number of the current furnace. 4. American Home Shield then determined based on that information that Mr. ********'s home had a 3 ton unit. It should be noted that American Home Shield provides the equipment to be installed. They do not allow us, as a sub, to provide that to their customer. 5. American Home Shield only provides Payne furnaces. Payne furnaces, unlike American Standard, Goodman, or any number of other major brands does not come in the common sizes of 60K, 80K, 90K, and 100K BTU. Rather, the Payne product comes in 40K, 70K, and 90K BTU. Payne rates their 70K BTU as a 3 ton unit. 6. The American Home Shield policy replaces like for like tonnage-wise. Therefore, American Home Shield provided us with a 70K BTU/3 ton Payne unit for Mr. ********'s home. We installed it as requested. 7. When Mr. ******** came to us with his concerns, we explained the situation to him and referred him to his American Home Shield representative. 8. While American Home Shield allows buyout upgrades of units, that is strictly between the insured and the insurance company. Had Mr. ******** chosen to go the buyout upgrade route, we would have been happy to provide him with whatever type and size of unit he would have desired. While I sympathize with Mr. ********'s frustration, our hands are effectively tied by the rather strict rules and regulations of the American Home Shield policy as they apply to us as a sub-contractor. We have a long and valued relationship with American Home Shield based on being honest with them about what we find in each situation in a client's home. They do random inspections to encourange their sub-contractors to be scrupulously honest with them about the equipment that they insure and it's condition, etc. While I know that Mr. ******** spoke with American Home Shield, I would encourage him to speak to them again if he feels that they should have provided a different unit for the install. Sincerely, ******* ** ** *************, VP/GM Air Control Heating & Electric
[To assist us in bringing this matter to a close, you must give us a reason why you are rejecting the response. If no reason is received your complaint will be closed Administratively Resolved]