BBB Accredited Business since
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company offers manufactured and modular home sales, transport, ground prepration and set up
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Mountain West Home Sales, LLC meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Mountain West Home Sales, LLC include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 1 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||1|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding
or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain
any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Montana Secretary of State
State Capital 2nd Floor Room 260, Helena MT 59601
Phone Number: 406-444-2034
Type of Entity
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Business ManagementMr. Rich Cary, Owner Mrs. Vicki Cary, Owner
Buildings - Pre - Cut, Prefab & Modular - Dealers Manufactured Homes - Dealers
2900 Euclid Ave
Helena, MT 59601 (406) 443-4247 (877) 777-8087 Directions
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (877) 777-8087(Phone)
Additional Email Addresses
- - Communication/Mass Email
- - eQuote
- - Sales
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: We bought a new manufactured home from him and he never completed it. We also are still in our warranty period. He wont return phone calls, wont reply to certified letters, and leaves house with repairs needed and things never completed after it was installed! Never completed a walkthrough, didnt know how to set up our gas fireplace that came with the house, and neither did his workers, left it for us to figure out, (scary) Sent a rude man to do touchup paint that left darker spots covering our house, had to have the whole thing repainted, He was supposed to install a sidewalk from our garage to our front door and never did, Our carpet has many large areas with NO padding under it, Never completed roof on crawlspace, Never purchased or installed a whole house water filter like he was supposed to, Acts like we dont exist anymore! There are many more issues, He took advantage of disabled couple and laughed all the way to the bank! He was told that we are both disabled and very low income. This was the purchase of our life, And he screwed us! It has been a year and we are still trying to get ******** or someone to help us! We havent heard form **** ******* for months! On top of all of this, he "surprised" us at closing with a higher price than we had agreed upon, and which was above the amount that we told him was our limit.
Desired Settlement: We want all items completed so that we have a brand new quality home like we ordered and paid for.
1. It is stated in the complaint that a walk-thru was not completed on the home. We did complete a walk-thru on this home on 12-6-11, verified by the completed walk-thru form in the customers file. Walk-thru was completed by **** *******. Customer was not present at walk-thru, do not know the circumstances as to why the customer was not present.
2. It is stated in the complaint that the customer did not receive instruction on how to operate their fireplace. All homes come with warranty packets and instructions for different components of their home. It is the responsibility of the customer to review all paperwork contained in the packet, fill out warranty cards for various items and familiarize themselves with operations of various components; including but not limited to fireplaces, smoke detectors, thermostats, appliances and other operational equipment.
3. It is stated in the complaint that a sidewalk was not installed at the home. This was not a part of the Purchase Agreement with the customer. At a later time, when we were almost done with the project it was brought up and the customer wanted it included in the project. All monies for the project was spent as stated in the Purchase Agreement, and there was no money left over to add this in. It was stated to the customer that if they wanted the sidewalk it would be an additional cost and not something we could just do. The customer did not want to pay additional money to have a sidewalk poured and thus one was not.
4. It is stated in the complaint that the customer sent letters that were not responded to. We did receive letters and we did respond to them by doing work listed in the Letters and work that was the responsibility of that factory was forwarded to them.
5. It is stated in the complaint that touching up of exterior paint did not match, that is true; and that they had to have the home repainted. We informed the factory of the problem with the paint and worked with the factory on a solution. The factory sent someone to repaint the entire exterior of the home. 25 hours of labor are noted in the file for this repaint. Since the home was repainted by the factory, this should not be an issue. If they are unhappy with the repaint, they have not informed us of this.
6. We have sent workers to this home many times to complete work. The factory has sent servicers to this home to complete work on several occasions. Most recently in November of this year. At that time, several issues were corrected and/or repaired.
7. It is stated in the complaint that there are areas of no carpet pad, full pad was installed. Sometimes it can seem like there are voids in pad when there is a possible bowed floor joist. The factory was notified of this and when the servicer went to the home the joists wereinspected and no problems noted. The servicer told the customer that it could be from the home settling and that they would re-inspect in the spring (2013).
8. It states in the complaint that a whole house water filter was to he installed. This is not listed on the Purchase Agreement. If this additional equipment was to be installed in the home it would be listed on the Purchase Agreement If the customer had an additional conversation with Josh about this additional equipment, it is not noted in the file and I have no way of verifying that this was to be included.
9. It is stated in the complaint that a proper lid was not built for the crawl space access. The contractor that poured the foundation sloped the access and thus we were unable to construct the standard lid for the crawl space. At that point we did cover the access with plywood to prevent elements of weather from getting into the crawl space. Our worker, Tim, who put the cover on explained to the customer that because of the slope of the access the plywood lid was the best option at the time; the customer was okay with this arrangement. If they were not okay with the cover they should have expressed it at the time and we would have come up with something different.
10. It is stated that our worker Tim, who did touch-up to exterior paint and other work, was rude to Dina on the phone. I have spoken with Tim about this and it seems that when Tim called the customer to schedule painting he was told that they would be going out of town and did not anyone at their home while they were gone. As Victor is about a 2.5-3 hour drive from our office, Tim had scheduled to do work in that area for another customer at the same time, so as to kill two birds with one stone. Tim states that when he was informed that he would have to make the trip twice his frustration may have been evident but does not recall being rude to the customer.
Many items in the complaint were taken care of prior to the complaint either by us or the factory. Several items have been taken care of since the complaint, by the factory, as November was the soonest they could get someone here. The previous servicer who had done work at their home is no longer doing work for this factory and they are now working with a different servicer. It may have taken them so long because they were in a transition phase. But I cannot speak for the factory and do not know for sure why it took the factory so long to take care of these customers. The new servicer drives over here from Spokane just to take care of these homes. Mountain West Home Sales, LLC and the Marlette factory have done everything we can to take care of all issues with this home and to keep the customers happy. If they have additional problems, or things that still need to be addressed then they need to call me and inform me of the issues.
Please contact me if you have further questions regarding our response to this complaint.
Customer Service Representative Mountain West Home Sales, LLC