Tyler & Longview TX Serving 19 East Texas Counties

BBB Accredited Business since 06/29/2012

Woody's Accessories & Off Road

04/23/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Services resulted in additional damage (exp. Damaged product during shipping)

Complaint: I bought tires from WOOD'S in the 7th of March 2012. While instaling the tires damage was done to my right rear fender.
I had them install new tires on my truck. The next morning I noticed two dents in right rear fender. I went back to the shop on the 8th of March 2012 to show them. Their response was they don't know what happened and nothing the did could have done it. It cost over 1200 and they in not so many words they said I don't know what I am talking about.

All that Mr. has said is true with the exception of us doing damage to his vehicle. We have both the technician that works on a vehicle, and the salesman that sold the job inspect each vehicle before returning them to the customer. There two dents that Mr. has complained of were not there when the vehicle left Woody's. As Mr. admits, he did not notice the dents until the next day. The vehicle was not brought back to Woody's for almost 24 hours. I have no idea what happened in that period, but I do know that the vehicle was not damaged here. The damage was not consistent with the tools being used to change his tires. At Woody's we pride ourselves for standing behind our work. We do all of one local dealership's aftermarket work. I recently thanked the GM for this, and he commented that he has mandated this for one reason. He stated ''While Woody's is very competitive, you are not necessarily the cheapest on all items, the reason I have told my people to use you is that unlike other accessory shops, Woody's stands behind the work, and when there is a problem, you make it right.'' Last month we caused $500 of damage to a truck we were doing for a dealership, and told them to do what needed to be done and send us the bill. I have contacted this GM to ask permission to name him and the dealership, so that you can verify the comment above. Unfortunately he is not in at the moment. If he gives me permission, I will give you his name and contact information in a subsequent email. I took ownership of Woody's just this past December, and yesterday I spent $1,584.78 on a vehicle that Woody's worked on over a year ago. This was not a dealership, or one of our many fleet customers, it was an average Joe off the street. Our guys made a mistake, and I was more than willing to pay for it, because it is the right thing to do. While we strive for perfection, we occasionally fall short. When we do, we make it right. That is why we enjoy more dealership work and more fleet work than any accessory shop in town. It is why we enjoy such a high number of loyal repeat customers. Had we done the damage to Mr. truck, I would be more than happy to pay for it, but we did not. The vehicle was inspected by two different individuals in our shop before it left. The customer did not notice the damage until the next morning because it wasn't there when the vehicle left Woody's. The damage is inconsistent with the work performed. We did not damage Mr. vehicle. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With in the first thee sentences they are not telling the truth. Approximately 20 min befor the technician that put the tires on my truck was done, and about the same amount of time after. The sales person was helping another customer try and find a replacement lock for a undercover bed cover. He never checked my truck sence he never went out to look at it. As for the technician I can not answer. When I took the truck back both the manager and salesperson looked at it but the technician never did. The dents are the same size as a hand. It appears to me that when they were looking at my rear seal or putting the tires on they used their hand to push against my truck to stand up.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company provided proper verification that indicated there was no obligation to resolve the issues of the complaint.

Truck Equipment & Parts, Wheels, Auto Service - Window Tinting, Auto Service - Specialty Parts, Trailer Hitches, Mufflers & Exhaust Systems, Auto Seat Covers, Tops & Upholstery, Auto Customizing, Winches, Tire Dealers, Auto Electric Equipment, Auto Bumpers, Guards & Grilles