This company has done a very poor job making repairs to my home after a recent hail storm.
The company started on my roof over a week ago. There have been several issues:
1.Rotted wood on the chimney. They were supposed to replace the rotted trim on the chimney and repaint. It was impossible to see from the ground, but looking through a spotting scope you can see that the trim at the top of the chimney wasn't replaced. It was filled with sealer and repainted.
2.The fence is black. The fence was supposed to be re-stained with the same color brown. The fence is black. He says it is technically brown so there was a "mis-communication".They came out and pressure washed the front of one section and it looks terrible. The chemicals they used killed the grass behind the fence. They dumped huge puddles of stain right in the middle of the yard. The fence still looks terrible, the grass is dead, there is mud everywhere. They claimed to have wasted "all day" pressure washing the fence. Pressure washing doesn't seem like the right answer, there are pieces of wood all over the bbq grill and the house. This was the fault of Sun Roofing not me. All they had to do was spray the fence the same color. It was agreed that all of the fence would get done. I had to move the boat 3 times, and the area the boat is in never got done. Again"mis-communication"
3.The flashing in the front is going to leak. Lookind out the window you can see the nail heads are not sealed and it will leak.
4. A piece of plywood was thrown from several feet away inside the attic and landed in the attic stairs. When I opend the stairs, I was hit in the face with this.
5. Attitude: I have spoken with the salesman and the owner. The issues are not getting resovled. The owner said that he has black fence at his 1.5 million dollar home and it is beautiful.
The sat photos are not as clear that far out but I can't see and black wooden fence, and the taxable on the house only shows 700k. He has repeated made comments that this is a cheap house and the fence color doesn't matter. He claimed to be a Christian man. I don't think his actions or comments are that of a true Christian.
* the salesman said he thought the fence looked great. The sat photos of his house are very clear. He doesn't have any black fence either.
1. If you can't make the repairs properly then hire qualified people and do it right. I will not accept a cheesy solution to your mistakes.
2. Keep the attitude to yourself. It is bad enough that you have done a terrible job on my home, I don't need the used car salesman attitude. I have pictures of all the damage. If the problems aren't corrected this is step 1.
Business' Initial Response
Before I address and respond to the homeowners issues, Sun Roofing LLC is a responsible company based on intigrity, trust,customer service and 'Doing the Right Thing'. Our salesman and crews take much pride in their work and are skilled professional people. . Both our salesman for this particular job have college master degrees. One has a Texas A&M engineering degree and is a former home builder in the Tyler area.
We make every effort to accomodate the wishes of our customers by managing expectations up front and avoiding suprises at the end. When reasonable issues occur, we try to resolve and sometimes even go beyond reason to satify our customers expectations of the job scope. Even though we may not agree, every effort is made to rectify the issues.
We have in no way avoided or skirted this homeowners issues. We have returned phone calls promply and have made numberous return trips to address, redo and correct our customers concerns.
Below is a chronological order of events and our resolutions that will addres the homeowners complaints.
Thursday/June 21-roofed house. I stopped by and all was going well.
Saturday/June 23-Salesman contacted homeowner to schedule completion of job scope per our agreement:
1)Chimney-replace rotten wood and paint,
2)Fence-to be power washed and stained
3)Flashing-repainted, by hand, instead of spray that was done during roofing process.
Also, a small piece of scrap wood had fallen down onto the ceiling drop down ladder. This was a result of removing several small roof vents, correctly trimming out holes so decking could fit properly and be nailed to rafters. When homeowner opened the drop down ladder, the scrap wood pieces fell on the homeowner. Sales person apolized for the incident and explained the pieces fell down due to the a removed roof vent being over top of the drop down ladder.
Monday/June 25-Crew and salesman returned to job site.
1)Chimney-all rotten wood was replaced calked and painted.
2) Fence-power washed ( water only, no chemicals used) and stained. The color of stain was what we understood as conveyed to us by homeowner after a walk around in the back yard comparing to other fence colors.
3)Flashing-was hand painted the same color as previously used by spray on the day we roofed.
Homeowner does not like color of stain on 1,422SF of wooden fence.
Thursday/June 28-I met with homeowner to view job site and listen to his issues. I explained to him, the color used was what we understood he wanted. I told him I would huddle with our salesman to determine what and how we could correct, even though we acted in accordance as to what color he conveyed to us. That we would do everything humanely possible to meet his demands to change the stain color, just let us huddle to formulate a plan of action.
Homeowner called me that night and seemed agreeable to our course of action. He was leaving that weekend to go on a weeks vacation. Our salesman contacted him with several options and suggestions.
The next day, homeowner contacted the BBB with his list of complaints, then he left for a week.
Wednesday/July 4th- Salesman.crew was at homeowners, redoing:
1)Chimney- hand sanding, recalking and repainting. No rotten wood was replaced at this time due to it being replaced on June 25th
2)Fence-exterior front panels were repainted after being stripped by powers washer.
Saturday/July 7-Salesman/crew spent all day restaining 1,422SF of wooden fence plus inside of wood fence where boat is stored.
To my knowledge, Sun Roofing has addressed and resolved the homeowners issues. We have been up front, sometimes not agreeing, but never avoiding request and changes.
Regarding my religious beliefs as a Christian person and my personal information, I'll be more than happy and available to discuss on an individual bases.
Please call with questions.
Consumer's Final Response
(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
Still need a release of lien. I noticed this week that the screens next to where the fence was pressure washed are gone. I spoke to *, he is trying to locate them.
I would also like to state that nothing was done above the original contract. The EXTRA things were done to correct mistakes.
Business' Final Response
1) "Release of Lien" - * and * gave him our 'Release of Lien' last week with all the info, including the insurance amount we place on this form when it's requested, naturally, * wanted a different amount which we are providing him.
2) Screens-until last week, * did NOT want the screens, but now he wants them, which is no surprise. So we're having them custom made which will take approximately one to two weeks.
* is giving us the deprecation check once he has, hopefully, these last two requests.