BBB Accredited Business since 05/10/2010

Lone Star Moving & Packing

03/29/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Will not fix damages to property
In January 2016 my family hired this moving company to help us with our large items. Unfortunately they did not secure the latch on my husband's expensive gun safe before they wheeled it to the truck as it was in the process of being wheeled to the truck the door swung open and the safe fell to the ground, it broke the entire locking mechanism. The employees noted it and told us the company was insured and we would be able to fix or replace our damaged property. That was 2 weeks ago despite all efforts the company owner will not fix the damaged safe, she has went so far as to say she wasn't informed the safe was being moved. Consumer beware please find a different company who Will act professionally and fix damages.

We are seeking to have our damaged gun safe fixed or replaced in a timely manner

Yes, Lone Star Moving and Packing was hired to move a 3 piece yard fountain and a toolbox. I spoke with ***** ****** myself and she said that these 2 items where the only 2 items to be moved, had I knew that they were wanting to move a gun safe I would have sent the proper equipment to move the safe and also Mr. ****** told my crew that the safe was locked, if it had of been locked the door would not have swung open causing the safe to come off the dolly. I did send a complaint form certified to the ******'s but it was returned, I would have sent the crew that normally moves safes and a lift gate truck to load this item had I knew that they wanted to move a gun safe and also he should have had the safe locked like he told the crew. I did ask him to get an estimate on it but never heard anything back ,I have a funny suspension that the door lock was broke was the reason he didn't lock the safe in the 1st place!

Movers, Seniors Moving & Delivery Services, Moving Supplies, Moving Assistance - Packing, Unpacking, Organizing, Moving Services - Labor & Materials, Cleaning Services - Commercial Office, House Furnishings & Services, House & Building Movers