BBB Accredited Business since 09/26/2013

Bridges Custom Homes LLC

08/03/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Home is less than 3 years old with tile shower that is leaking in the master suite, ruining trim, sheetrock. We have mold growing on/in walls.
I had Bridges Custom Homes build a house for me in 2012, as of January 2014 I noticed mold growing on my base boards in the master bathroom. When I felt the base boards they were soggy and wet. Initially I thought my shower door was leaking and called the company that installed it to have them come take a look at it and fix it. Once they came out, it was determined that it was not the shower door that is the problem. We started paying a lot of attention to the area and it wasnt long before we had waterappearing from beneath the base boards. I called the builder and ask him to come out and have a look to see if he can fix the problem. He told me to remove the base boards and see what was happening. I removed the base boards, and saw a mushroom growing on the sheetrock behind the base boards. I called to inform the builder about the mold and mushroom and he told me to use a knife to cut away a foot of the sheetrock, usebleach to kill the mold and have a hazmat team come out and remove the mold. I have asked him several times to please help me take care of this mess, he will not come to my house and look let alone fix the issue. The home is just now 3 years old and a shower pan is supposed to last 15-20 years from what Ive read. He has verbally offered to send his guy out to replace the pan, but nothing else as far as damages including sheetrock, trim, mold removal or any thing else that has occured due to the leaky shower pan. His guy was supposed to have come out to the house to replace the faulty leaking shower pan over two months ago and has not showed up as of now. We have tryed to call the installer and cannot reach him. My master closet which is attached to the master bathroom now has mold growing on the sheetrock as well. Some of our clothes and shoes have been ruined due to the mold spreading. We have a family of 7 and have two showers, that we need on a daily basis.

I want my shower fixed including, tile removed, new proper pan installed, tile replaced, sheetrock removed from damaged areas, mold killed and removed, sheetrock replaced, all trim replaced and any other unforseen damages that have been caused by this issue, to make this the new home it is supposed to be. I want Bridges Custom Homes to take care of this in a timely manner and to pay for all the costs for the repairs and replacements needed.

In regards to this complaint, tha house was built in 2011 and had a 2 year warranty for such incidents..at tha time i was not even in BBB...Tha house has been out of warranty, when he contacted me just 2 months ago..I sent a repair man to rip out pan and replace with custom solid pan so they wouldnt have this problem again...I offered to pay for this out of pocket even no its not under warranty..They refused tha solid pan...I also advised them to not use tha shower and use there other bathrooms until problem was solved..They keep using anyway and made tha damage 10 times worse and didnt make an effort to get anyone else to fix it....When you find a problem you dont keep making it worse, thats what they have done..this house hasnt been under warranty, even tho i tried to help, they should take responsibility and stoped using tha shower imediately when they realized thay had a problem...

I have a contractor currently working on repairs in my home. The builder refused to come out and even view the damage. We have obtained physical proof there was never even a shower pan used. There was wood where there should have been concrete. It's agreed it was originally done by some sort of amateur that used my home as a guinea pig. It's unjust and they (Bridges Const.) should be held liable. I am incredibly unsatisfied by his lack of care in this matter. Even his offer of a new shower pan had he indeed come through with that would have not helped as there was no pan to replace. Is there a number I can call and speak with someone? My contractor can also validate all of the above information and affirm there would be no damage had the bathroom been built well.

Home Builders, Construction & Remodeling Services, Contractors - General, Outdoor Kitchens