BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 05/01/1999
Manly's Furniture & Appliances
Phone: (903) 758-0545Fax: (903) 758-4394
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product / Service||1|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|01/24/2011||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Delayed completion of repair
Complaint: Around December 9, 2011 we purchased a China,Curio Cabinet. It took weeks for them to call us. Finally a man came and said glass had to come out of cabinet and he would have the delivery guys to come out the next day and turn the cabinet over and take the glass out of the china cabinet and have another glass made, glass was scratched up. The curio had pieces broken that hold the glass up. Never heard anything else from him. Finally I called Thurs. Jan. 13, 2011 to see when was they going to send the delivery guys out to take out the glass to have another sheet of glass made for the China cabinet. I was suppose to pick up the clamps that morning for the curio. I was upset Prayed waited until that evening to go buy to pick up the clamps. he didn't put in the two cord holders that he said he had in the warehouse that held the cord in place in order to turn the cabinets on and off. Another man said he waited on me that morning. He was going to go home would have to talk to me later. I told him since it had been over 30days and he or the other man didnt return to the house like they said they would I called. He said the other man had been out of the store over a week sick. I said that the other man said he would be returning to the house until the glass came in. He was sending the delivery guys out the next day so they could turn the china cabinet over to take the glass out, so he could just find some glass in the warehouse. He said yesterday he was going to send it to a glass store and have glass made. I asked him would it be the same thickness and quality and he gave no reply. They said they have tried to work with us the last 30 days. we has been patient with Manlys they don't return. When he came another excuse. We will pay someone to fix the China Cabinet & We will try to put in the glass holders that was broken before the glass falls out. They took our money, we lost money to Manly's nothing we can do. We don't want them back at our house fearing they may make the damage worse. We will be out of more money having it fixed. This is unfair to us to be taken like this. You work to hard for your money for any furniture store after they get your money through financing and you have a problem with the product to not care. The last thing he said to me when I was talking to the lady that sold us the Cabinets cause he left the clips for my husband to try and fix with her. He said our problem just kind of got put on the back burner. I got upset with his comment but I didn't say anything. I told him I will let him talk with my husband.
Business' Initial Response
Complaint Resolution: Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
Furniture - Retail, Appliances - Major - Parts & Supplies
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Tyler & Longview TX Serving 19 East Texas Counties. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Manly's Furniture & Appliances is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.