BBB Accredited Business since 02/28/2013

D & S Electric Services, Inc.

04/14/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

They over-charged me for the services I requested.
On or about on Dec. 15, D & S electric co.--came to install a 110 outlet plug on my meter pole that I had requested. When the technician arrived----he said he did not have a 110 plug outlet to put on the pole. So, He left and came back about 2 hours later. He installed the outlet and unhooked the other meter wires as requested. When He finished and handed me the bill, he had charged me for the extra trip back to the office to get a plug. To me----I should not have been charged for his extra driving time. What electric company does not carry electric equipment on a company truck? I am very unhappy with this company. Thank-You.

The bill was for $293.11 for a 110 outlet plug. The office quoted me $85.00 for the first hour and the cost of a 110 plug! Around $100.00 should have been the cost or lower than that. The service technician stated to me---" You have to pay for the extra driving time because the secretary did not make herself clear. I a very unhappy about being over-charged nearly $150.00. I would like a refund of the over-charges. Thank you!

Sorry to hear Ms. C was unhappy. She initially called requesting that D&S install a plug and check outdoor panel. Upon inspection of existing service pole with panel on 1/9, outdoor weatherproof material was required in order to meet The National Electrical Code requirements. The technician did not have all required material on his truck - because customer did not communicate exactly what was needed when made original service request. Most likely, Ms. C would not have known NEC requirements-that is why she hired D&S, a licensed, professional electrical contractor that has been in business since 1962. Technician did need to run to supply house in order to secure all the necessary materials to complete the work under NEC code requirements. Technician did additional work that Ms. C was not charged to do-she requested the technician disconnect additional circuits for remodeling of trailer house. Technician was extremely polite and professional, completing the work most efficiently and quickly. Technician did not communicate anything about the "secretary" at D&S offices, nor did charge her for a trip back to the office for material. Technician did charge for only three hours of time, plus material. D&S did not overcharge Ms. C for anything. Ms. C called D&S back indicating that breaker was tripping on plug we installed on 1/9. On 1/16, D&S determined that circuit was overloaded by Ms. C. Technician explained that she had space heater,500W Halogen Flood Lamp, 100 foot extension cord, radio and circular saw on 15A GFCI outlet on 20A circuit -that is way too much load on outlet installed. D&S did not charge for the service call on 1/16. D&S Electric Services made return trip in order to insure customer satisfaction.

In response to D & S Eletrical,,, your technician is not telling the truth in his response to the letter.
I would not be foolish enough to run a 500W Halogen Flood light,, and a circular saw while running a small heater and a small lamp! On the 50 ft extension cord -- only a heater and the small lamp was plugged in to the 20A breaker. And it kept tripping.
It still does not work,, it trips with just the radio on the 20A circuit. It trips when even just the lamp is on when it rains. I paid $283.oo for a 20A circuit that does not even work still til this day!!!
No,, it did not trip when the technician came back out that day. I can not explain that. But after an hour after he left,, it tripped---it only was plugged to the little lamp.
I still feel that I was over-charged.
thank-you.

D & S Electric Services, Inc. stands by our technician's communication with consumer in informing her that she was overloading the circuit with all of the items she had plugged into the 20A circuit. Consumer had two extension cords plugged into the one circuit, then multiple items plugged into the extension cords. Consumer was living out of a shed while using the one circuit to supply power to her living quarters in the shed, as well as to the adjacent mobile home. D & S Electric's technician offered a solution to add another circuit and plugs to not share on one circuit - allowing consumer to plug in the television, space heater, lamps, etc. in living quarters in shed and the other circuit to power equipment (halogen lamp, circular saw, etc.) using to remodel mobile home but consumer said NO - that would be too expensive. D & S did not charge consumer for the second trip back and for offering solutions to problems created by consumer by overloading circuit. D & S Electric technicians performed excellent work informing consumer and offering solutions. D & S Electric Services, Inc. did not overcharge consumer for anything. In fact, D & S went out of our way to offer solutions and did not charge for second trip.

On April 10th, 2015,,When I read the above letter from D & S Electrical, I asked myself---"Is this is how D & S resolves their customers complaints?"
Then I will ask the other consumers--"Would you like to pay $293.00 for a 20A outlet to be installed in your outside breaker box?
If D & S feels this is fair,,,(which I do not),, they can keep my money and enjoy the $150.00 profit from this senior citizen. And again.,,, I would not be running more electricity than allowed on the 20A outlet as the technician stated in his letter.
I have since replaced the outlet plug with a new one and it has not tripped since. Thank-you! I would not recommend this company to no-one.

Electricians