H & H Building Systems

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

02/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Failure to communicate with me and build my shop in a timely manner.
In August 2013 I signed a contract to have a shop built by H&H Building Systems. I was told work would start in 30 days. It was more like 45 days before dirt work started. So far only dirt work and partial framing has been completed. Recently I called (again) to find out the status of my project and why it was taking so long. I was told they are waiting on the money ! I have paid $19,932.00 so far and only have a partial frame. Tired of waiting. I want my shop built as promised.

I want the shop built by February 20, 2014 to my satisfaction.

On 02/17/2014 My shop building was completed. No further complaint is needed.

04/02/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

On September 4, 2013 I gave H&H Building Systems a check for $5,543.00 so they would begin removing an old shed and start building a new one. Two more payments of$5,543.00 and $5,544.00 were to be paid to H&H. After receiving my first check of $5,543.00 I never heard or saw them. I called and left a message and they wouldn't call me back. When I threatened to contact BBB in December 2013, they returned my call. Then they came out a few days before Christmas 2013 and measured things. They then said they would start work the day after Christmas. I worked on Christmas cleaning out the area. The day after Christmas. I received a call saying they could not make it. I told him not to come back out here and I want my money back. I have not received any of my money back. H&H Building Systems never did any work for me so they did not earn or should be entitled to any of the $5,543.00. I have given them. My son also tried contacting them by email and received no response. He then called the business and spoke with a person named Fay and was told no one was available. He left a message and never received a call back.

A refund of the $5,543.00 in full given they did no work that would justify keeping any of it.

I sold Mr. ***** a building 4 September 2013. The total price was $16,630.00 with $5,543.00 down.
My contract states that the down is not refundable after 5 days.
I told Mr. ***** it would be 30 days or more before I could start. He called me about 30 days later and said he was going to sell the building site and buy property in the Troup area. He wanted his money back. I told him I would build him a building in Troup but would not give his money back. He called again and said he was not going to move and would like to take down an old shed and rebuild so I give him a bid for around $13,000.00 and he agreed. We were supposed to start the following week. My mans helper did not come to work that Monday so my man called him and told him he would be there the next day. Mr ***** said O.K. then about 2 hours later he called back and said to forget it.
He had 2 chances to get his building done. I will give him his money in the spring when business picks up but legally I don't have to.

03/17/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Paid $5421.00 deposit to builder for shop 3 and 1/2 months ago and nothing has been done. No contact from builder.Want our $5421.00 refunded.
H & H Builders have failed to communicate with me and build my shop in a timely manner.
On November 6, 2014 I signed a contract to have a shop built by H&H Building Systems. NO work has been done to this date February 18, 2015. Four weeks ago I called and he told me he would start my "project next week". Which is now 3 weeks ago. He has not contacted me or started the project. We paid a deposit of $5421.00 for materials and nothing has been delivered or done to prep the site. Now I don't trust him and want my money back. Tired of waiting.

Monetary Refund of $5421 which we had paid up front to H & H builders.

04/08/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

contracted to builind 30X30 pole frame home. Was told construction would be completed within in 30 days. contract was signed October 28.still not done
contract signed october 28. was told completion within 30 days. paid first payment $8487.00 to lock in price to order materials. frame constructed December 24.second payment made $ 8487.00 December 24. concrete poured February 18. still today no more progress. other jobs being put ahead of ours. I have called many times and been told we will get to you but no one shows up.

finish in a timely matter or a refund for work not completed so we can find another contractor so complete

Construction & Remodeling Services, Home Builders