BBB Accredited Business since 01/16/2004

Carnes Cabinet Construction, LLC

10/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Refinished cabinet doors damaged by installers at time of installation.
We hired Carnes Cabinets for 2 of our remodel jobs. The first, they created new cabinets for us in a kitchen-which turned out great. The second, Carnes Cabinets were hired to hang different hinges on existing doors, and repair the old holes from the previous hinges, as well as create a trash cabinet and finish the side and sink area of another cabinet. They completed this task in great time, and we were happy with the outcome. When it came time to hang the doors, a crew of about 5 hispanic workers came to the home and arrived around 8:05am while I was working to install a garbage disposal. When I was finished, they were in the middle of hanging the doors, and I left them my nubmer to call me when they were about done. They called me at about 9:40am to explain that they were finished and were leaving the job site. I didn't get a chance to see the job site until the next day, when my foreman was touching up, and noticed that 2 of the doors were hung crooked and stuck out off of the cabinet about and inch, multiple doors were damaged, 80% of the "hidden" hinges are were visible. Upon seeing the job on Monday, September 21st @ 4:15pm, I took pictures of the work that was done, and called the owner Jeff C***** directly. I explained to him what I was seeing and wanted to send him pictures. I also informed him that we don't allow that quality of work to be done on our job sites and that he needed to send someone to fix it. He replied by laughing at me and then we hung up the phone. I sent the pictures to him and my boss, and it has been over 1 week and I haven't heard back on what the solution is on their end. My crew did the best they could to cosmetically fix the doors, and all my client wants is for the 2 doors that stick out an inch to be re-hung. I have contacted their office about 5 times since last week, and when their office assistant answers, she informs me that she still has to get with Jeff to see his schedule.The last time we spoke was this morning (10-1-15) at 8:55am. I understand that they don't make any profit off of this repair, but I have waited over a week for a reply on when they can do the repair. I just would like some sort of communication, as my client has paid them $850 to hang the cabinets, which did not turn out well.

I would like them to re-hang the 2 doors my client does not like.

This job has been handled. It was completed this morning, October 7, 2015. The work was done directly through the homeowner.

After multiple attempts to contact Carnes Cabinets about when they could fix my client's cabinets - my client asked us for their phone number. My client informed Carnes Cabinets that if they did not come out within the week that she would seek legal action to get her money back. Once this was said, Carnes acted on the issue.

Cabinet Manufacturer, Cabinet Refinishers