Portillo's Auto Service

05/31/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They never worked until finished.

May 4,2013 **** $639.93 cash. My vehicle sounds terrible now. My alarms are going off on car. I smell a foul odor & I can hear something rattling like a part is unhooked. I believe my wires got crossed.

I would like for my car to be repaired the right way. I don't want a fire under hood.

Called company took response:

When car came in by wrecker with a broken timing belt. Explained to customer before did work that would be glad to do the first step to get car running by putting on a timing belt which we also found the water pump was bad. Labor and all parts was $639.00. When in the process of putting on the equipment found that the valve was bent. This would mean that you had to pull the head and check the pistons, which would run between $1,500.00 and $1,800.00. Due to the fact the customer was explained about the bent valve no warranty. The customer did not wish to do that, so they left. The man came back and asks to give him $200.00 back and the company said they could not do that, because he did the work and they were explained that it might not work if bent valve. The car is running but it is missing, Also the customer said the car window did not work and he explained they did nothing to the window...

Everything that was stated on the business reply is false statement. I was told after my car had been on Portillos property for days that my car needed a fuel pump which caused it to not start. I then told him my fuel pump is fine, it has been checked. I later found out I have two fuel pumps on my car. After the pump had been replaced I called them to see if my car was running. Portillos said "oh no". I asked why? U told me it was the pump. He told me he would call back &
never did. I had to call to see what was taking so long. He kept telling me Ill call you back. I finally got a ride up to shop & he told me I needed a cccrank shaft. I asked why? How did that happen. He just replied he didn't know. I told him to replace it. He replaced crankshaft &
called to tell me that my car still won't start. I ddon't told him I don't have anymore money. I need what is causing my car to not start fixed.
Its too much money. So my car was at the shop ffor 5 days then. He called me up to come pick me up to show me what caused it to not start & he showed me a broken timing belt. So my reply was, "that's basically what I needed from start. He told me "yes". I told him he could fix it because I had no way to get to work. He fixed it & told me it would cost $755 which is whats on the receipt. I found a ride to
pick up my car & was told you get discount. I told him Thankyou. That brought my total to $639. I paid & went out to check car. I notice it was a loud noise coming from engine & air. My windows or doors on passenger side dont work anymore. I asked if he could check. He said "we already fixed". I also showed him the receipt where it states we will work until we find problem. Nothing was done. Im not asking for money, I just want my to sound quiet & my windows & doors

Auto Repair & Service, Auto Repairing - Foreign, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Services