BBB Accredited Business since 09/13/2011

Auto Express

09/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have used this repair shop for years, always felt that gave me a good service, until this time.
I took my vehicle 1995 Jeep in for repairs,I was given an estimate in writing for $$$$, I was told that they where going on vacation. I said no problem just need my vehicle repaired by the week of August 15, after going there several times, they was not working on my vehicle and was told they were way behind, and would do repairs ASAP, I was called and told that it would take $$$$ to repair my car, I did authorized this amount. When I went in and talked to him on August 11 said he would have it ready by Thursday August 14. The vehicle was not running right when I left the shop, but went ahead and drove it home.....but did not make it home which is less than 4 miles, it stalled out and would not run. I feel that I was taken advantage of and deserve my vehicle to be repaired, I do not want to uses this company ever again...........I went on several web sites and the parts that was charged was on the invoice was overcharged by several hundred dollars.

I am seeking $$$$

Customer brought his 1995 Jeep in for a no-start diagnostics. Meaning it would not crank it had a completely dead battery we had nothing to start with. I advised countless times the vehicle was not worth repairing he said he and someone and his grandson had done head work on the Jeep. We phoned with our first need to get the vehicle going told him that it was a starting point needed to be done before I could go any further and I had no idea what it was going to take and told him on every occaison I would not repair it if it were mine. The jeep was in horrible condition and needed to be scrapped and I made that clear numerous times.The Jeep needed a distributor had no-spark and the bushing was bad and I showed the problem when he came up. When we did the first recommended repair and the jeep run not good at all but it would run on 3 cylinders of its six. When it did run the belt squealed and water poured from the water pump. was notified of the water pump he did not want to address that failure said he take care of that himself but wanted to proceed trying to get it running better. I again informed him that I'd recommend getting rid of jeep again. When your working on a no-start there's steps to follow in proceeding to next step. So I carried on with diagnostics as wanted the injector driver was shorted causing the fuel injectors not to operate on 3 of the six cylinders.We informed of the need for a ECM engine control module know of as the computer and that the water pump needed to be replaced.as water was just running out of it continuosly he said he'd call us back and he did said go ahead with repair but not the water pump. we ordered a ECM. When it arrived was installed and it run better but had issue on #5 injector intermittent once started tracing that issue found the wiring harness to injector 5 was not making good contact and with a new ECM was able to access codes and determined that the temp sensor connector was in bad shape to drove up at about the exact time and I was able to show him the concern and he said he would go get it at the wrecking yard and he did and I told him id install it for free and did which it run better but ended up having an internal engine problem which there's know way of determining without the process we went through. And again I continually informed in no way would I even spend the money on it. I was professional and as helpful as could be in every aspect. We even helped his grandson swap the wheels and tires to a different jeep at no charge. When paid out he presented me with a card that failed transaction declined I gave him the receipt and he wrote me a check. Then Friday he come in said there was a hold and I informed him to go talk to bank and if needed I'd write a letter for him and he went to bank and returned I wrote a letter on company letterhead to help him out. He then returned and I wrote another letter with more details the bank asked for all the while treating with utmost respect. I've done my job far over above and beyond with more than 30 non billed hours. Which was my decision to try and help my customer. As far as pricing no company can compete or honor pricing off the web as we don't get our parts and supply's that route. We use our vendors that will stand behind what we install. Hence the reason we never make any repairs without informing our customers of all our expertise and knowledge in this instance the outcome was not favorable however I told all throughout the process that the vehicle was not in my opinion worth repairing. He said over and over if he could get it running he'd trade it. Unfortunately it was towed in dead and i drove it out and it needed lots of work. I advised to tow it away due to water pump being out and declining the repair that it'd not keep water in it even to his house. I treat each and every customer the way I'd want to be treated and speak the truth about each vehicle I repair even if they don't want to hear it just as did not.

He last statement to me , I really do not know what is wrong with this vehicle...........I would sell if for junk...........

Why would I take my vehicle to a repair shop that has always preformed good work. Why would any one.

Was charged a diagnosis fee. That is where you find out what is wrong and repair the problem.

It seemed to me that once he waas told that I only had $$$$ for repairs, that is where it started. Only at the last did he start telling me that the car needed to be sold for junk or parts.

Each time he called it was well I think it's the computer then after that he would say it's the cynoboid but it was always something else wrong.

I am 74 years old, this man cheated me out of $$$$.

I am the easy going guy. I do not and won't have a confrontation with anyone due to my health. I wanted to tell him to his face, hey I think you cheated me.

My vehicle is still in my yard, will not run and have no money for repairs.

The last thing you said to me, I do not know what the problem is and I would sell it for junk.

As far as the water pump it was missing 2 bolts. I replaced them no more problem with water pump.

was informed of the diagnostics charge in advance. It was a no-start diagnosis meaning we had no idea how the Jeep was running before hand however after starting the testing found vehicle had no spark and the distributor needed to be replaced and was also shown the problem with it. He was also told that at that point i did'nt know what else was going to be involved and that this was the first step. He was also informed that our equipment would not communicate and was going to have to check further once we got spark to fire the engine. Once we installed the distributor it did run but only on a few cylinders. Once we continued the diagnostics we found the ECM or computer was bad and was not getting signal from the injector driver. was called and informed and told we would not invest the money because the vehicle was just not worth the repair. He was also informed we did not know what else was the next step and that it had a severe water leak witch he said he'd take care of that himself. When the ECM was installed we were also able to communicate with the vehicle. It also started and would idle although rough and still missing. we run it for a short time a minute or so to see how it was going to do during this time the engine light come on and and had set a code for temp sensor and found a bad connector and also found a wire pushed back enough for an intermittent problem on cylinder 5 injector. about that time pulled up and I spoke with him about it. said he'd go to a salvage yard and get the section of harness. I told him that I thought the problem was going to be internal engine trouble but if he got the section of harness I'd put it on which I did and it took care of those two issues and it would crank and idle on its on but still run rough. When your diagnosing a no start vehicle you have to start with the basics. I did my job to the same way I have for 25 years. The same process I've always used and unfortunately their's not a way to go from a no-start diagnosis to being a reliable car unless it was a reliable car and only had the one issue. Which is the case in a lot of repairs however it's not the case sometimes and I made that very clear to each and every time he was notified as well as advising him I didn't think it was repairing on this occasion. And was also advised not to drive vehicle as the water run out of it and it wouldn't make it without overheating. I've always done all i could for and sympathize with him but he was advised all along the way that this is step one. And advised against spending his money on this vehicle. The jeep was in many times this year 5 documented times and many that I'd try and help him out with advise or information.

11/25/2013Billing / Collection Issues