BBB Accredited Business since 04/16/2012

Pitt Stop Auto Sales

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

04/05/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bought a car from Pitt Stop auto and drove the car one mile down the road and the vehicle started running hot! The car had a blown head gasket.
The car was purchased on March 2, 2016 in the amount of 2,350. The vehicle was drove off the lot and when I made it a mile down the road the vehicle which is a 1997 Eldorado Cadillac started running hot! I contacted Pitt stop auto to inform them that the vehicle is running hot and they advised me to take the vehicle to Arturo Repair shop and AJ the owner would have it repaired. The mechanic at the repair shop informed us that the vehicle had a blown head gasket and it would cost 1800 to repair. The vehicle never left the repair shop and it remains there as of today March 10, 2016. I spoke to the owner on today and the owner and his receptionist told me your not gone like it but there is nothing you can do because Texas does not have a Lemon Law so your stuck with the vehicle and I will not be given any money back because all sales or final. Texas does not have a Lemon Law but there has to be a Law against taken a advantage of sale customers cars that you know has major issues with them. We never made it a mile away from the dealership, how can this company be allowed to do people this way. Then he brags about nothing can be done because of Texas Lemon Law!!! where is the Justice for Customers

I would like for this dealership Pitt Stop Auto to refund my money in full or repair the blown head gasket and show proof that the repair has been completed and not just rigged! In all fairness I would like my 2350.00 back! This dealership is unfair. Pitt stop has my money and the vehicle

On 03/02/2016 Mr. ***** did purchase a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado as a cash sale. Mr. ***** was advised of all repairs that Pitt Stop Auto Sales had preformed on the vehicle. He was also advised at least 3 times to drive the vehicle. He refused to do so. He stated that he was very familiar with the type of vehicle he was purchasing and had no desire to test drive it. He did however do an inspection on the vehicle. He then decided to purchase the vehicle. At the point of sale, Mr. ***** signed both a Buyer's Order and a Buyer's Guide. Both documents signed state the 1997 Cadillac Eldorado was sold as is no warranty. He was also given a $650.00 discount off the original price of the car because he insisted that would cover any issues he may incur with this purchase. We were more then fair with the selling price of the vehicle. As a courtesy, we did tell the customer that he could take the car to a repair facility and that we would have the thermostat changed. The customer stated that the thermostat was sticking causing the car to overheat.

The receipt was not signed and the vehicle was taken dor a test drive. There was never a discount given on the vehicle. If the owner knew that the car was in good condition why would he offer to help pay for repair at this time wd dont have the car or the money. Please refund our money! This lot uses the dact that Texas dont have a lemon law to sell people cars that they know have major issues this is unfair!!!# refund my money because the car is in the hands of Pitt stop mechanic shop where it has been aince March 2,w016

This is not fair and simply wrong for dealerahips to sell lemon cars because they are protected by THE LEMON LAW

Upon discussing this matter with our attorney, Pitt Stop Auto Sales declines to refund the customer for the vehicle they purchased. The vehicle was sold with out warranty. Therefore any repairs that need to be done are the buyers responsibility.

10/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I went to buy a car, gave them my money, left the car there, went home and read over the contract, went back to the car lot the next day, asked for m
paid $5oo.oo down for the car, 1998 Honda accord, left the car there went home, after I read the contract, they wanted 300.00 a month, and the total of the car was $12,000, with out a warranty, well, I realized that I could not have a car without a warranty being that age of the car. I went back the Next day, and asked for my money back, they said No, then they said come back Monday and we will give it to you, I came back Monday, then they said, they will mail it to me. I asked for them to put it in writing that they mailed it, and the date, they said no.... please help me. I cant afford a lawyer.

Customer came in to purchase a vehicle. Customer signed a legally binding contract at the point of sale. The following day customer had a case of buyer's remorse. She asked for a refund for the down payment. Pitt Stop Auto Sales refused to refund the down payment. At the place of business, a sign is posted that we do not refund money. All sales are final.

This statement is not true, I have a witness that herd the owner say that they would give me my money back. Also, there was not a sign posted when I went to purchase the car or ask for my refund.

Customer never spoke to the director at any point. The sign has been posted at the place of business for two years. Pitt Stop Auto Sales does not refund money unless we are at fault. In this case we are not. The contract customer signed is legal and binding in any court of law.

I have a witness that herd the owner say that he would give me the $500.00 back. The owner informed me to come back the following week on Monday, and he would give me my money back. I went on the Monday, and the sales manager informed me he was not in, she also told me that he was at the car auction and for me to come back around noon. I went at 12.00pm, she stated he was not in, to come back at 3:00, I then came back at 3:00, she told me to try again the next day. This went on until Thursday, then she told me that he was going to mail ma out a check. I wait for the check, and in the mail I received a letter. It broke my heart. The owner of this company is not being a Godly person. I will further this matter to the full extent of the LAW.

05/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a 2005 BMX x3 with multiple issues. Sunroof,Lights and transmission problems and i took it back and now i waiting on a refund
I purchased a 2005 BMW x3 from * at Pit-Stop i drove the car home on a Tuesday,Saturday the car started jerking which seem to be the transmission when i put my foot on the brake. I called her and told her what was going on she then told me to bring it in and she would have it fixed. She claim that she would take it to a place called fire-station because he does the best work. She took it in and told them to replace the coils nothing was ever said about the transmission. My husband and i was notified that the car was ready a week later. Drove down and picked up the car and by the time i drove to gilmer the service engine light and the jerking started again. My husband called her and told her that the same thing was happening again. She proclaimed it was fixed so we took it upon our-self to call fire-station according to the man at fire-station when the car was bought in nothing about the transmission was brought up.i then called her back to tell her what was said at fire-station she then told me that her or her husband would come and get it so it could get fixed properly. a pit stop worker by the name of * came one Saturday and left us with a rental car before leaving him and my husband drove the car around the block so he could hear and feel the jerking. All while this going on the sunroof is stuck so * got rained on headed back to Tyler. * called and told us that Monday she had the vehicle checked out from another mechanic and he confirmed that it was indeed the transmission so she was going to wait until fire-station had time to fix it and that was fine. all of this is within 2 weeks of having the vehicle. A week passes by and the vehicle isn't fixed and its time to send in financial backing that we can pay for the vehicle. I have no problem sending in financial backing my job but when i have bought a BMW and i have drove it a total of 7 times in almost a month i really don't want to go farther with this deal. I CALLED * AND TOLD HER THAT I JUST WANTED MY MONEY BACK.SHE TOLD ME OKAY I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE OWNER CAME BACK BECAUSE HE WAS OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND I UNDERSTOOD THAT BECAUSE SHE WASN'T ABLE TO DO THE REFUND AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE I WAS SUPPOSE TO GET REFUND BACK 4/15/2014 I HAVE FAILED TO DO SO AND EVERY TIME I CALL ITS SOMETHING ELSE AND I NEVER GET A CHANCE TO TALK TO HIM.ALL I AM ASKING IF FOR MY 1525 BACK NO LAWYERS NO SUIT IF MY MONEY IS RETURNED I CALLED * FINANCE COMPANY IN DALLAS TEXAS AND THEY DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT FOR ME AND MY CONTRACTS HAD BEEN SENT BACK SO THEY ARE JUST HOLDING ON TO THE MONEY WHICH ISN'T FAIR AND I DONT THINK A BUSINESS SHOULD BE RAN LIKE THAT.

1525 down payment for vehicle

04/30/2014
Ms. Brandi Murphy purchased a 2005 BMW X3 on 02/25/2014. Her approval to purchase the BMW was based on her providing proof of employment and income. Ms. Murphy refused to provide proof of her income to the lender that was financing the vehicle for her. The lender refused to finance the deal, and it was returned. Customer used false information to obtain a loan. At the point of sale, Ms. Murphy signed a buyer's guide that clearly stated that the BMX X3 was sold AS IS- NO WARRANTY. In addition to the buyer's guide, she also signed a warranty disclaimer. At no point was she advised that Pitt Stop Auto Sales had any type of warranty on the vehicle. Pitt Stop Auto Sales does not refund down payments when a customer refuses to provide proof of any document that is requested by a lender to secure a loan.

I understand i signed paperwork,but within 3 days the transmission was already messed up that isn't right to sale a customer a lemon i have nothing to hide i have a job i wouldn't be able to support my family. * acted as she understood the situation and everything would be resolved when he * made it back into town. SHE NEVER TOLD ME THAT I WOULDN'T RECEIVE MY DOWN PAYMENT BACK SHE SAID I DON'T HAVE ACCESS YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE OWNER GETS BACK HE HANDLES REFUNDS.

05/10/14
Pitt Stop Auto Sales does not refund down payments to any customer that refuses to provide documents proving statements made on credit applications. There has not ever been a problem with the transmission on this vehicle. Enclosed is a copy of the NO WARRANTY paper work that is clearly signed by the customer. Customer is advised to look up lemon laws for the state of Texas. A car is considered a lemon when it is STILL under the manufactory original warranty. The BMW has not been for several years. Pitt Stop Auto Sales provided a loaner car during the time that the vehicle was in the shop. The vehicle was fixed by Pitt Stop as a courtesy to the customer. At the point that customer failed to provide proof of income, the lender returned the deal for NO proof of income. The customer chose not to provide that proof. No company will lend money to a customer that fails to prove that they have the ability to repay a loan.

I have actually been talking to a couple of dealers and i have also talk to * Auto Finance as well as * where the car was financed from and i told them exactly what happen and was told that i should be awarded my refund NOT THAT I CANT PROVE WHERE I WORK BECAUSE WITHOUT A JOB I COULDN'T SUPPORT MY FAMILY THE PROBLEM WAS THE CAR DIDN'T RUN PROPERLY! I WENT THROUGH 2 LOANER VEHICLE AND WHEN I RETURNED THE CAR OVER A MONTH AGO THE BMW WAS STILL AT THE SHOP UNFIXED I HAVE A WITNESS OTHER THAN MY HUSBAND STATING THAT * NEVER TOLD ME THAT I WOULDNT GET MY REFUND BUT IT WOULD BE ON THE 15TH WHEN OWNER(*) CAME BACK

Auto Dealers - Used Cars