In Tyler & Longview TX Serving 19 East Texas Counties

BBB Accredited Business since 11/10/2010

Drivers Choice

08/21/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: Said car had 112000 miles but has over 181000 miles says car has sun roof and navigation system and does not violated my writes told my employer they
Called my supervisor and told her that I was dodging him and I owed him money and that he was going to send Gregg county sheriff and da to my place of employment to have me arrested because I owed him Money I was humiliated at that time I called them and told them that they were never to call my job a again and he had violated my rights by by discussing my personal matter in such away with my employer on the 2 of aug I Recieved a call on my cell phone at approx 5:17 I did not answer because we are not allowed to have our phones in use at work I was in my office and had my door closed my phone rings it shows my place of business I am a supvervisor so I assumed it was an employee i answered it was the same guy he was at my job he said I owed him money and he was sending the da to have me arrested and he said I had not paid my car note and they were going to repo my car I told him that I talked to my finance company and that they said I didnt owe drivers choice a dime I told him that they sold me a car that had 181000 miles but told me it had 112000 I didn't find this out till the car was dropped off to me after purchase he started cussing me out he told me I was a liar and I said who do u think you are talking to and him slammed the phone down I was terrified to leave my office because he was in the building I called the Longview police dept but they say I have to file Gregg county sheriff and upshur county I did file a complaint for harassment with upshur manor over phone but they said I need to come in a file written complaint also with an officer

1.) The vehicle that was purchased had 112,947 miles on when delivered to the customer on 06/21/2012. This is evidenced by the Odometer Disclosure statement, Texas Department of Transportation form DHT #142235, signed by customer on the date of delivery.

2.)At no time were any threats issued towards customer.

Customer came to the dealership in search of a vehicle. Stated she was in dire straits and tired of paying people to bring her back and forth to work. We explained to her that she was VERY credit challenged but we thought we would be able to help her secure financing for a vehicle. We explained that to purchase a vehicle, she would need at LEAST $2,000.00 down. She stated that would be no problem; she is a nurse and makes really good money, she just needed someone to give her the chance. We secured a credit application from her and submitted for financing. Initially the bank declined her. Based on the rapport our dealership has, we were able to negotiate and secure financing.

Customer selected a 2006 Buick Rendezvous. We did all the necessary paperwork and she gave us her down payment. We submitted her down payment to her bank for collection, it was returned stamped, "insufficient funds".

So, what we have here is a customer who decieved us by stating she had the money for a down payment when the entire time she knew she was being dishonest. We contacted her bank, which stated, "she has never had enough money in her account to EVER make that an acceptable form of payment." It appears that she has a history of writing bad checks as described by the bank.

We are in the process of submitting the down payment instrument to the Gregg County District Attorney's office for prosecution. Customer can discuss any further concerns with the hot check division of that office.

In good faith we took her at her word and accepted her down payment. Obviously, her word is not of value.

i may have signed the paper but i never had the opprunity to look at the mileage on my car nor did i test drive it. i signed my paper work and paid 2500 cash deposit, i have the paper work to prove it my contract that was completed by your office as proof that i paid 2500 cash.i specifically aske how many miles were on my vehicle and he stated about 112000 miles. after paid the initial payment thats when u told me i needed more about 1500 thats when i said i didnt have it at that time then u said that I could leave you a check that you would just hold for me until i paid you the rest of the cash. Contrary to your comical statement that i have a "history"of writing bad checks as stated by my bank. I had someone still checks from me about 15 years ago and i had to go to court to clear my name and at that time all charges were dismissed...for that reason i choose not to even own checks! With your knowledge and my sister in the office with us my sister then gave you two of her checks to hold. Furthermore i dont bank at the bank where the checks were written and have never banked there so why would they give you that information....would be against the law! Even the BBB knows this.Fact, on the date of delivery the vehicle in question stopped running, this is after u kept it for 3 days saying u were inspecting it... on the day of delivery the vehicle quit working i at that time had to have it towed because i was left stranded... at the time of tow the tow company had to write down the mileage of the car for their records the mileage at that time was recorded at over 181k miles!!!! For that reason... because of your fraudulent and crimimal practice payment was stopped on the checks!! You received 2500 down that all i will be paying you!! please do not come to my place of employment... do not call my boss anymore and tell them that i am a "hot check writer" and you are going to send the DA and Police to my place of Buisness to have me arrested.

I am sending you a copy of the checks her sister wrote as well as the odometer statement via fax. I will also send the odometer statement from when the people who traded it in signed their odometer statement. Customer's sister did write the checks. They advised that customer would be depositing the money in her sister's account to make them good. That she did not have the cash with her. The paperwork she states that shows she paid $2500.00 down, is merely the purchase order that she signed showing she did tender a down payment in the amount of $2500.00. It DOES NOT SAY CASH. The checks were returned and are in the process of being prosecuted by the Gregg County District Attorney. This is a sad situation, but it is what we deal with.

As far as the car having a problem after the sale; she left the door open on the vehicle which ran the battery down. This in turn caused the alternator to malfunction. I repaired the vehicle in act of good faith and did not charge her.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company provided proper verification that indicated there was no obligation to resolve the issues of the complaint.

10/13/2011Problems with Product / Service