BBB Accredited Business since 04/01/1995

Dow Autoplex

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

12/29/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Damaging a consumers credit, by running it without their prior notice.
In June 2015, my credit was run by Dow in Mineola, Texas without my permission. Not only did they run my credit illegal, it was done with 10 creditors. My credit was fair, but it has decreased by 60+ points. I have tried to contact Dow, and to not avail. I have been sent to voicemail, or was told no supervisor is available at the moment to take my phone call. This was an illegal act on this dealership. They have damaged my credit. The only time that I authorized this dealership to attain credit on me was in October 9, 2014, when I purchased a vehicle through them, and this was at *** *********. This should not have been done without a signature. By them doing this, it will affect my credit for two years. This was not a soft inquiry but a hard inquiry. This was illegal and it shouldn't have been done to me, and it should not happen to anyone. In this world, in order to attain goods, you must have decent credit. My score has decreased tremendously. I have been truly violated by this organization. This has affect my entire family, due to this illegal practice. This is bad practice, and they may have violated laws by doing this.

The resolution would be to withdraw all the creditors with whom they tried to attain credit with illegally from my credit report through the credit bureau, a letter so that I may also send to the credit bureau about the withdrawal, and a apology letter for doing so.

Contact Name and Title: Zack C***** GM
Contact Phone: **********
Contact Email: **********@*******.***
Mr and Mrs ******** and ****** ****** currently have a vehicle financed with us, a 2010 ******** Town and Country van. Mrs ****** came up to the dealership on June 1 to see about trading her vehicle in and upgrading to a newer vehicle. At that time we were unable to obtain finacing for a newer vehicle. After the test drive Mrs ******'s current vehicle started smoking and a radiator hose had broken on it. We then placed Mrs ****** and her family into a loaner vehicle for several days and replaced the radiator hose on her vehicle at no cost to her. We then followed up with her on June 9th at 10:42 am to see about selling her a different car and was unable to reach her. We also called her November 10th at 3:30 pm and left a message trying to get in contact with her again to see about a different vehicle. We have tried to follow up with her about trading her out of her van but have been unable to reach her when we call her.

08/10/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Repossession of vehicle when it's only six days late. No courtesy call from Dow Autoplex or correspondence.
My vehicle payment is due on the 9th on every month. I make my payments via phone to Dow Chrysler Dodge in ********* Texas. At 10:15 A.M., a repossession company representing Dow Autoplex in ******* Texas, came to repossess my vehicle. I was not given a courtesy call from the dealership, nor did I receive correspondence in the mail reminding me of the payment. On June 12th, at 11:15 am, a manager from Dow called to ask about a letter that they received in the mail from me. When he didn't get the answer that he wanted, I believe that he then sent the repossession company out to my home on Monday to repossess the vehicle. He took it to a personal level, instead of a business level. Why would a company send a repossession company out to a customers home, when they have never been late, and as of right now the payment was only six days late? This was an attack on my character, on my integrity, embarrassment, and a poor choice on Dow Autoplex, because they are suppose to be a excellent company, that withholds the banners of **** ********** ****** and ******** products. I would expect this from small dealer, but not from Dow Autoplex. I called the dealership on June 15th, and spoke with a manager, and explained to him what had happened and why, he said that he would call me back with an explanation, but I have yet to receive a call from him or from an employee of Dow Autoplex.

I want someone from the management team explain to me why the later took place (repossession), before a courtesy call or correspondence, when the payment was less than a week late. I have been with the company for eight months, and I have always made a payment. I have purchased a vehicle from them in the past (July 2007), the experience was great, so we went back again. Will I ever purchase another vehicle from this company, my answer at this time would be never.

We did send Ms. ****** a letter of apology and also repaired her car when we returned it to her. Ms. ****** was behind on her payment and we called her but she wouldn't answer her phone therefore we picked up the vehicle. We also called Ms. ****** to ask if she had received the letter of apology and she was rude and ask us to never call her again. We tried to accomodate Ms. ****** but it was to no avail. We want to make this right and need to know what we can do to correct this issue.

This is exactly what I mean, you have proved your unprofessionalism because your facts are not correct. First of all, the vehicle never got picked up, I made a phone payment and the repossession company verified the payment and left my property without the vehicle. So how could your apology be sincere when you are lying and don't have your facts straight. The reason why I know you are lying, if you would have called me about an payment, I would made a telephone payment like I have always made one. What you did not explain, was the payment was due on the 9th of the month, and you sent a repossession company out on the 15th of the same month, which was so unnecessary. It was a waste of money and time. So, don't make it seem like I was 15-30 days late on the payment. I was not rude on the phone, she ask me what did I want them to say in the apology letter. I replied that the letter was not an apology, it was a rebuttal and no admission of wrongdoing. I also never told her to not call me again. I was very reasonable and I didn't have anything else to say because she wanted to argue, and there was nothing left to say. What you can do is to write a sincere letter, make a courtesy call if the payment is late, or send a certified letter concerning the late payment. This way you and I will have documented proof of contact, because you are lying on me.

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Diagnostic Service, Auto Inspection Stations, Auto Repair - Maintenance